Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Local Fish Stores pt 1: Aquatic Dreams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Laird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2012 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Snowsrfr Snowsrfr wrote:

Originally posted by nsfw dave nsfw dave wrote:

lol i remember the first time i went in the back, i was like.. holy crap so heres where you hiding the good stuff. 

They're "hiding" nothing back there. They are grow out tanks. If people think this is where they hide all the good stuff and people start demanding to go back there, I would shut it off to the public. Once that stuff starts to grow out, and they frag it, you will see it in the frag tank, or in their tank that is reserved for online coral sales.

If there's a specific coral, or type of coral you're looking for, simply ask, if you don't see it in any of the displays. They may have it in the back for fragged, ready to be fragged, or healing. I know it may be hard for some people to believe, but we're all just one person and when running the store, may not have had the chance to move some corals from a grow out tank, etc. to a sale tank, or the frag tank.

I agree. The stuff back there is either not for sale, growing out, or its also out front somewhere.

Aquatic dreams has been an awesome store that I've been going to since they were in Ogden. They have been more helpful then every other store I've ever been to combined. They have the best staff and the most knowledgeable owner. If Ryan can't help me with a problem I know i'm in serious trouble.

I love how clean the store always is. Thats one thing I hate about most of the other stores is how, for lack of a better word, "dirty" they feel. AD keeps the store clean, and their tanks perfectly kept.

Healthy and large variety of livestock selection.   The quality and value of their $25 dollar frags is way beyond anyone else's in the state.

All that makes aquatic dreams my favorite store around without question.
Indefinite hiatus from sw aquariums.

Once I have my glorious return I'll set back up the following.
50 Gallon rimless cube.
180 Gallons mixed reef paradise
nsfw dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsfw dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2012 at 1:13pm
apparently my one line post was taken a bit too seriously... yes it is grow out/online/whatever... i buy online as well. 
480 in wall in progress
Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2012 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by nsfw dave nsfw dave wrote:

apparently my one line post was taken a bit too seriously... yes it is grow out/online/whatever... i buy online as well. 

I didn't take it "too seriously". You made a comment, and like Jimbo said people will take that comment seriously, and ask to straight to the good stuff.

Just trying to educate the people who don't know what it is they have in the back.
"A fish tank is not a pet. It's a TV that you gotta feed." - John Caparulo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic