Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

anemone caught in pump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 5:50pm
Looks real good to me. See how it's still hydrated, even the bubble tips and how the foot is hydrated and openly searching for an acceptable surface.  Keep your fingers crossed.
Big smile

Edited by Mark Peterson - May 01 2012 at 5:51pm
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Davidwillis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Fish Mama Fish Mama wrote:

And I thought the drive to Idaho would be the anenome ,s worse stressor

yea, that was nothing compared to getting stuck in a pump...  But it seems to have handled it well and is looking as good as new.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2012 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

Looks real good to me. See how it's still hydrated, even the bubble tips and how the foot is hydrated and openly searching for an acceptable surface.  Keep your fingers crossed.
Big smile

Yes, it retracted when I first pealed it off, but seems to recover very quickly.  I had to move some rocks around a little more to keep it from moving to the back (it was heading to the power head in the back of the tank that shoots up to the surface, but it is anemone safe), and turned on my pump (the one it got stuck in!!!) to increase the flow around it(it really seems to like high flow areas).  But it is looking very happy where it is now....lets hope it stays there.

I am not sure if I should shut my pump off at night (since I can't keep an eye on it).  Or if I should leave it on to keep it in place. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2012 at 8:25am
Well I left the pump on, and just checked a couple times to make sure it wasn't moving.  So far it hasn't moved, but the flow is so high it has blown all the sand away.

The lights aren't on yet, and this picture was taken with a flash.  I am hoping once the lights come on it will extend out further.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 1:59pm
I think I had too much flow where it was at.  It stayed retracted all the time, so I moved the pump away, and it started moving around the tank again.  Once it came off, and was floating around the tank.  I have tried rearranging the rock, and water flow, but it ended up back by the overflow.  That seems to be the only place it likes.  Maybe it can attache better to the glass?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 7:50pm
Ok, one last try.  It has been in this spot for over a day now, so hopefully it will stay there.

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 11:42am
If not, then try to change the water flow direction by placing the powerhead at the other bottom end of the tank, shooting close to vertically up.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic