Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First Saltwater

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
papa-squid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Saltwater
    Posted: May 04 2012 at 10:03pm
I've had a few freshwater tanks before and bred some fish as well, but thats not why I'm here this is my first saltwater tank and I am already addicted to it. Patience is an important part i know.  I have a 40g cube with an emperor 280 back filter, protein skimmer, powerhead, uv sterilizer, and a nice aquaticlife t5 light with night leds and set and forget timer. have some live rock with a serpent/brittle starfish and some shrimp that ive seen all right now.

Thanks for checkin :) any useful advice is always welcome.
Officially Addicted!
new upgrade from 40cube to 55g.
and helping friend and his mom
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony
McClure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McClure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 10:09pm
Thumbs Up Welcome! How long has your tank been up?? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 10:21pm
thank you Big smile  2 days now. just got the live rock today. had the water cycling those 2 days. 
Officially Addicted!
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony
McClure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McClure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 10:24pm
Oooo! And already addicted you're in trouble. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 10:27pm
hahaha yes, yes i am. i thought i had a problem with my fw... but that was nothing compared to this. how long does it take for the green and brown algae to start when cycling?
Officially Addicted!
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony
McClure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McClure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by papa-squid papa-squid wrote:

hahaha yes, yes i am. i thought i had a problem with my fw... but that was nothing compared to this. how long does it take for the green and brown algae to start when cycling?

Funny!! I just sent you a PM regarding this exact question.... before you asked it.
McClure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McClure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 10:29pm
You are fairly close to us, feel free to come see our tanks and talk fish.... my family are all addicted.

(Not at 10:30 though, maybe over the weekend)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 10:32pm
yeah for sure and of course when i get my tank a little more established you are more then welcome to check it out.
Officially Addicted!
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by McClure McClure wrote:

Funny!! I just sent you a PM regarding this exact question.... before you asked it.

yeah got that haha that is funny.
Officially Addicted!
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 9:40am
where is the forum that shows what sps, lps, lr, ls, ect.? i found it once but can't remember where i found it
Officially Addicted!
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 10:06am
I recommend going to Fish 4U. They are excellent! I live down town SLC. YOu are welcome to visit as well. Just PM me and I'll get you the directions.
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
McClure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McClure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 10:13am
I have only been to Fish 4U a couple of times but they were VERY knowledgeable and helpful while I was there.

Click on Forum home then scroll down a bit and you will see the LPS, SPS, etc. categories but are you actually just looking for what they mean?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 10:15am
Originally posted by McClure McClure wrote:

I have only been to Fish 4U a couple of times but they were VERY knowledgeable and helpful while I was there.

Click on Forum home then scroll down a bit and you will see the LPS, SPS, etc. categories but are you actually just looking for what they mean?

yeah i mean i know what ls and lr means but theres a bunch ive seen that im lost about but yeah ive seen the lps and sps pages.
Officially Addicted!
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 12:27pm
LPS= large polyp stony
SPS= small polyp stony

Welcome!!!!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 2:06pm
thank you Smile 
Officially Addicted!
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic