Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carpet Surfing...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BubbleGuppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BubbleGuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpet Surfing...
    Posted: May 05 2012 at 3:46pm
I have a Purple Fire fish, Whom last Monday decided to go carpet surfing when I was putting him back into the tank after re doing my rock. Since then he will stay hidden in the back/bottom of the tank, I can see him, Yesterday I pulled out all my rock to get him out since he was there for 5 days. He decided to go carpet surfing out of the holding tank as well.  After Picking him up the second time from his surfing adventures I let him be and calm down in the holding tank I made it so he couldn't jump out. Once I put him back into the tank he ate very little of the misis which he loves and has gone back into hiding. 

Anyway, I'm not sure if I should be worried about him or not. when i took him out yesterday I noticed his dorsal and tail fins weren't at colorful even had some colorless spots at the tips but they were all frayed looking. I was thinking about getting him another purple buddy to see if that will help him start coming back out, Mind you he had never went in to hiding before.   I do have a red fire fish but he picked on him to red is in the cube.

Any thoughts?
Jeni

72Gal Bowfront Mixed Reef
46gal Bowfront Mixed Reef
20gal mixed reef
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 2:23pm
From my understanding, the red fire fish and purple fire fish should not be in the same tank and will fight.

I have 2 reds in one of my tanks and 2 purple in a different tank.

Good luck

Linn
Pay it forward...
BubbleGuppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BubbleGuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 3:53pm
They never actually fought and they were in the same tank together when i got them. Anyway, Purple decided to not be a jerk and came out today and has been out ever since and it just like him old self. 

Edited by BubbleGuppy - May 06 2012 at 3:53pm
Jeni

72Gal Bowfront Mixed Reef
46gal Bowfront Mixed Reef
20gal mixed reef
griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 7:18pm
Cool

I would love to have both in my tank

Linn
Pay it forward...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic