Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BillyC & TiffanyC's 120g Reef

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
tiffanyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiffanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BillyC & TiffanyC's 120g Reef
    Posted: May 05 2012 at 7:24pm
We just recently moved up to centerville from Provo and are excited to have our tank up and running again. Up until last week our tank was just a pile of rocks but then we spent about 3 hours aquascaping on Thursday and are pretty pleased with the results. We decided to go with the double mountain look and followed the "golden ratio" as far as rock placement. As we continue to get back corals that our friends have been holding for us during the move, we will update with more fun pictures. Anyone ever interested in coming to visit in person and talk salt is always welcome to. Thanks for looking and please ask questions and comment!!

Before Aquascaping....

And after!!!

120g Sps Dominant
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 10:10pm
Our newest addition. Love that face!

Edited by BillyC - May 05 2012 at 10:11pm
McClure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McClure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 10:14pm
Very cool!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 10:55pm
Very nice guys!!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 7:08am
Nice Blue Jaw. May have to try one myself. I also love the minimalist rock. Looks great.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Trevor40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 9:02am
Love the new fish and aquascape! It will make your tank feel bigger:)
Call or Text (801)834-3119
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 12:57pm
McClure and Jackie thanks for the compliments!

Dave, the blue jaw is awesome. I first saw one in Allen's (Teknik777) tank and fell in love. So much personality. And I'm actually really glad you said "minimalist" because that's what we were going for but I ended up using more rock in the end. Thanks!

Trev, thanks bro it really does feel bigger somehow we're liking it a lot.

Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 1:45pm
That is great! I went with minimalist look this time around and love it! I love your tank! I loved my blue jaw till my tank leaked! They do have a lot of personality! 
Josh95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 1:47pm
Yea, i like triggers, i had a niger trigger and he was a cool fish, lots of personality without being agressive, not in the least
Josh M.
Phone: 406.471.1334
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 3:09pm
Thanks Jeremy appreciate the compliment about the aquascape! Triggers are actually the reason I got into saltwater because I was fascinated by how they swim and look. Then I realized they weren't really good for reef tanks and lost hope until I learned that nigers and bluejaws were atleast reef safe "with caution."

Thanks Josh! I almost bought a Niger trigger a few times but for some reason decided against it. I'm glad I waited for this guy though he's my favorite right now.
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 3:22pm
Looks great Billy I do like the minimalist look and cant wait till you get all your stuff back and placed. I would also like to come by and check it out sometime .
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 11:24am
Thanks Kurt, all those talks about using less rock really convinved me to do it. One thing I kept in mind was the idea of negative space that Scott Fellman spoke about at MWRF '11 and how in terms of rock, "less is more." Yiu know you're always welcome over just hit me up.

Edited by BillyC - May 07 2012 at 11:24am
tiffanyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiffanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 12:39pm
Thanks for the compliments everybody!!! This is my first thread I started because billy likes to hog the forum =D.

Here's a favia that Billy is always taking pictures of...

Edited by tiffanyc - May 09 2012 at 7:53pm
120g Sps Dominant
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 6:48pm
I like that alot :) You just need to train him better so you can have some fun oh here too .....
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 8:14pm
Haha she's working on training me.
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 8:26pm
One of my favorite watermelon chalices. Pic could be a little better but I don't have a tripod yet.

Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 6:30pm
Looks great Billy!!! Glad to see things are doing well.
http://zip-zero.com/wmas/imageUpload.php

BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 10:35pm
Thanks a lot Rex I'm really grateful for the people who have held my corals for me and now I'm getting some back. Got these back tonight!

Actinic shot of Chalices on a ledge
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2012 at 9:23am
Sweet! I will stop by this week and check out the new aquascape!
220 G SPS Display.

grassfairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grassfairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2012 at 9:34am
I saw heir tank in person and it looked HUGE!!! It really made me miss my 120g
Great job on the aquascape guys, it usually takes me a day to redo aquascape in my tanks, you should come help out with the cube, I bet we can finish it in 1 hr or less.
I will also try to talk Mandi into letting me get a trigger, she thinks they are weird looking fish lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic