Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BillyC & TiffanyC's 120g Reef

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
tiffanyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiffanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2012 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by grassfairy grassfairy wrote:

I saw heir tank in person and it looked HUGE!!! It really made me miss my 120g
Great job on the aquascape guys, it usually takes me a day to redo aquascape in my tanks, you should come help out with the cube, I bet we can finish it in 1 hr or less.
I will also try to talk Mandi into letting me get a trigger, she thinks they are weird looking fish lol.

Haha, if Billy could have he would have taken a lot longer but I gave him a time limit of three hours and we got it done, thankfully!! : )

Edited by tiffanyc - May 09 2012 at 7:06pm
120g Sps Dominant
tiffanyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiffanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2012 at 7:56pm
Here's our pic of the day! An actinic shot of our My Miami chalice!!! One of our favorites.

120g Sps Dominant
Josh95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2012 at 8:16pm
Im jealous! i would love a my miami frag sometime. sweet piece!
Josh M.
Phone: 406.471.1334
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Josh95 Josh95 wrote:

Im jealous! i would love a my miami frag sometime. sweet piece!

Yea dude its one of my favorite pieces. I'm probably going to hoard it until it's the size of a frisbee haha.
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 7:14am
Probably the first wrasse we've ever owned. Now my wife is wrasse crazy and we are slowly building a small wrasse collection.

Solar fairy wrasse
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 12:26pm
Our new pets have been in the acclimation box since last night and they're doing amazing. Might even let em free tonight. Probably the worst quality picture I've posted on here sorry.

Edited by BillyC - May 11 2012 at 12:27pm
suiso man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suiso man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 1:48pm
Cool you got them!!
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 3:12pm
Yes sir we did! They're very cute and we can't wait to have them out of the box.
rufessor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 3:46pm
Let us know if you have any inverts with the trigger fish and how long peace is maintained.  I want a pink tail but the clean up crew is non-negotiable and I hear that triggers are fond of shrimp, snails, other shelled animals.  CURIOUS.  

Looks great!  
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler -A.E.
57 Gallon RImless build in progress check the thread before if becomes boring and just full of nice pictures of colorful coral!
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 4:12pm
We have plenty of snails and hermit crabs in our tank and bluejaw trigger pays no attention to them. That being said, every fish is different. I'm so infatuated with this trigger that I wouldn't even care if he munched on my CUC. I have heard of people having success with the pinktail triggers and more so with niger triggers. Just make sure you're rock is secure. My trigger has dug himself a burrow underneath a large rock that he sleeps in with his head poking out.
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2012 at 10:31am
I've been neglecting fish pictures because they're so dang hard to shoot. Here's my attempt.

Mystery wrasse

Exquisite wrasse

Trio of Maldives Lyretail Anthias

Edited by BillyC - May 12 2012 at 10:40am
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2012 at 12:38pm
And here's a clearer non-actinic shot of our new Nemos in the acclimation box.

Trevor40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2012 at 2:43pm
Those anthias are AWESOME! I was just looking into those, funny how that happens and then you post a pic of yours!
Call or Text (801)834-3119
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2012 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Trevor40 Trevor40 wrote:

Those anthias are AWESOME! I was just looking into those, funny how that happens and then you post a pic of yours!

Thanks man! Our tank needed that splash of bright orange and we love how they swim together.
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2012 at 10:38pm
I really like the color of those Anthias. Did you get them locally and will 1 of the become a male ?
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2012 at 6:38am
Generally the dominate female will turn into a male. The males are a beautiful hue of red. I've got four of these beauties in our quarantine tank. Awesome pictures Billy.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2012 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Akira Akira wrote:

I really like the color of those Anthias. Did you get them locally and will 1 of the become a male ?<!-- bmi_SafeAddOnload(bmi_load,"bmi_orig_img",0);//-->

I do too they're super bright and yes one will become male like Dave said. I got mine from aquatic dreams. Heres what the male will look like... http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+20+1512&pcatid=1512

They require very heavy feeding and often so just be aware if you decide to look into it more.

Originally posted by DLindquist DLindquist wrote:

Generally the dominate female will turn into a male. The males are a beautiful hue of red. I've got four of these beauties in our quarantine tank. Awesome pictures Billy.

Yours are going to look awesome in your humongous tank. How long are you quarantining them?
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2012 at 5:24pm
Probably 7-10 days. I've got two Bartlett Anthias (to add to the one we've already got) coming from LA Wednesday and I want to introduce all to the display tank at the same time.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2012 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by DLindquist DLindquist wrote:

Probably 7-10 days. I've got two Bartlett Anthias (to add to the one we've already got) coming from LA Wednesday and I want to introduce all to the display tank at the same time.

I Loooove Bartlett anthias too. If I had a bigger thank I'd get a mini-school of those myself.

BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2012 at 7:57pm
Chalice pic anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic