Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moca clowns anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 7:21am
They did, but I only managed to catch 4 of them. The rest hatched after I gave up and went to bed. Learned a bit this go around. First the room needs to be darker so they hatch sooner, and I really need to get the rotifer thing figured out.

Well, I am going to take a break from this as there are some things going on, nothing bad, that are just taking to much of my time to really be able to do this.

Edited by WhiteReef - May 21 2012 at 8:37pm
----------------

Richard

Former 47G Column Reef, Magna
20" x 18" x 31"H
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2012 at 8:15am
Well they laid eggs yesterday, but I am not setup the way I need to for this to work yet.
----------------

Richard

20" x 18" x 31"H
backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2012 at 11:57am
Well I have a full setup up and running and would love to have another set of babies. Any chance you could catch them for me
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2012 at 7:03pm
I will see if I can catch them this go around, and if all goes well you are welcome to raise them.
----------------

Richard

20" x 18" x 31"H

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2012 at 7:13pm
That would be awesome thanks
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2012 at 9:27am
Based on the last hatch, these eggs should hatch on either Tuesday or Wednesday. This morning their little eyes showed up, so my guess would be Tuesday. I'll let you know, and let me know how to get them to you.
----------------

Richard

20" x 18" x 31"H

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2012 at 9:31am
What method do you use to catch these little guys? I can come and get them from you on the night that they hatch.
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2012 at 10:25am
I was going to just use the cup/bowl and flashlight method. This is because the eggs are on the back wall of the tank. I just need to make the room darker to encourage them to hatch sooner than later. My lights go out around 9PM, so I just need to make sure that I leave all lights off in the living room. I'll PM you my contact info.
----------------

Richard

20" x 18" x 31"H
Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2012 at 11:10am
Good luck!
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2012 at 9:54pm
Well they are hatching tonight. I turned the lights off 1 hour early, waited a bit for the lights to cool down, covered the tank with blankets, and turned off the pumps.

Magic! They started to hatch. Now to see if Mitch and I can catch them.

Edited by WhiteReef - June 12 2012 at 9:54pm
----------------

Richard

20" x 18" x 31"H
ch3tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ch3tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2012 at 10:39pm
If you guys need help catching them in the future i have a larva catcher that is pretty cool. I would be happy to help you guys.
Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2012 at 11:05pm
Well we caught 9. I'll post some pics when I get them home and all set up
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 7:48am
Well, not all of the eggs hatched. There are still lots left to hatch. Let me know if you want to try getting the remaining ones.
----------------

Richard

20" x 18" x 31"H

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2012 at 3:21pm
Maybe I will have to try again in two weeks. I just found out I have to go out of town for a week. Bad timing
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2012 at 2:08pm
Sad day! The orange one (female) took a dive outside the tank! Needless to say she did not survive. Maybe later on when I get the black one paired up again things will start up.
----------------

Richard

20" x 18" x 31"H
paul.brandon83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul.brandon83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2012 at 2:50pm
sorry to hear that :( Is anyone planning on selling the babies?
150 Gallon Reef
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic