Facebook
Twitter

Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The "Frags and Food" Fragfest was GREAT!! (PHOTOS)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "Frags and Food" Fragfest was GREAT!! (PHOTOS)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 7:08am
Anyone before tonight?
jwoo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 12:11pm
Tonight! Come kick off the summer in the right way! BBQ! Frags! Friends! You just can't beat that!
120 Gallon Reef

29 Gallon Biocube
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 12:50pm
This is going to be an AWESOME Event - so DON'T MISS IT !!!

- Frags Thumbs Up

- Friends Hug

- Food Clown

- Raffling off a Custom - Built Frag Tank Star

What more could you ask for???!!!

- My Current Tank: 150g Mixed Reef -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Candymom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 5:18pm
Should I just put my frags in baggies, or do you have other little containers for them?
jwoo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Candymom Candymom wrote:

Should I just put my frags in baggies, or do you have other little containers for them?

They will come in bags already. Might want to bring something to carry all the bags in though!
120 Gallon Reef

29 Gallon Biocube
Candymom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 5:33pm
I mean the ones I'm donating...
jwoo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 5:34pm
Oh yes! Sorry wasn't sure what you were referring to. Yes please bring them in a baggie.
120 Gallon Reef

29 Gallon Biocube
Candymom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 5:37pm
Thanks. I hate when my words aren't as clear when written as they are in my head.
Fatman View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 10:38pm
Thanks to all those who put this together. I donated nine coral and all of them sold. I brought home six nice new ones for my tank. I appreciate everyone that donated and a special thanks to Eric at Aquarium Creations for the donation of the frag tank that I won in the raffle.  I can't wait to set it up.  Now I just need to hit the classified for lights, a pump and all the other stuff to get it running!

Fat
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 10:40pm
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
Eric@utahaquariumdoctors.com

Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 7:41am
Kevin,
Welcome to the Aquarium Creations family....
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
Eric@utahaquariumdoctors.com

BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 1:01pm

Who's up for some Fragfest photos?

First off, though... was that A BLAST or what???!!!

I thought everything worked out just great:

- Everyone who came to the Fragfest (Members, guests, their spouses, their kids, their grandmas!) ALL got to chow down on plenty of FREE grilled hotdogs with all the fixins, chips and drinks; plus desserts
(thanks AS ALWAYS to the Bagshaw's for all those yummy treats ClapClapClap)

- BTW, be sure to check out Ross & Carolyn's fantastic June 2012 Tank Of The Month: 

- Thanks to Heather, Kevin and all the rest who donated frags - we really appreciate your support! Heart 
    I hope you all took advantage of your 'early admission' and scooped up plenty of frags!

- Once the gate opened to the general public, it was pure pandemonium... or, should I say, "fragdemonium" !!!

(I tried to snap some photos, but I kept getting jostled around by the crowd - so some of the pics are a little blurry Wink)

- After the frag 'feeding frenzy" we did the raffle... Congrats to Kevin ("Fatman") who won the raflle and will be getting a custom,
  hand-built 24 X 24 X 10 frag tank from our good friend Eric over at Aquarium Creations in Draper StarStarStar

- And, we have finally moved all the way up into the 'digital era' now that we have a credit card reader and can take plastic Thumbs Up

Here are those photos:

We started off with 8 tables loaded with pre-bagged and marked frags... these pics were taken around 6:45, before all of the donated frags had come in. I stopped counting at 225 bags; we probably had closer to 250 bags total :

Once 7 PM hit, and that room was opened up...  "FRAGdemonium"!!!

When I warned you all that the frags would go fast, I wasn't kidding... this picture was taken at  7:15 PM -

Just look at the line at the checkout!  Buying frags, getting raffle tickets, new Members signing up for a WMAS Paid Membership and getting the "half - price on frags" discount... gotta love it!!!

Again, just want to say "Thanks!" to everyone who either helped set up the Rose Garden, or helped with the cooking, or donated frags, or ran the checkout table, or helped clean up afterwards...

And a special thank you to everybody who came out and helped support the club... YOUR club!

It is events like the Fragfest that allow us to bring in all those wonderful, big-name Guest Speakers like Adam Jackson (who we had on May 3rd), or Evan Jamison from The Living Planet Aquarium  (coming July 5th - with a Tour that Satuday!) or the great Steven Pro, President of the Marine Aquarium Societies of North America (MASNA) - coming August 2nd (you guys have no idea how much of a coup it is that the President of MASNA is coming out to speak at our Club!!!!) or the Annual Members Only BBQ (coming August 18th)...

...Or when The Discovery Channel's  "Shark Men" came to the Winter Banquet back in February, or when we have great speakers like Tony Vargas, Robert DiMarco from Seacology, Scott Micheal, Eric Borneman, "Nano Chris", etc. (OK I'm getting long-winded now Embarrassed)

Anyway, just wanted to say

Thanks to everyone who helped make the "Frags & Food" night so much fun!!!

ClapClapClapClapClap

Edited by BobC63 - June 08 2012 at 1:36pm

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 1:33pm
Thanks for this post Bob! It was a great evening

Adam
Next Meeting: REEF TOUR!
Hogie View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 1:39pm
Fragtacular!
CrimsRayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrimsRayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 2:09pm
I'm so sad I missed it.  I had to work.  Cry 
When is the next one going to be?
"What we know from this hobby is too hard to share with the people who just want to look and not get wet." -Rioreefer

"The Puffer Girl"

Zoo freak :)

West Jordan
Fatman View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 4:15pm
I loved it. In all the excitement my son and I bought two of the same frags we donated.  Next time we'll coordinate better.

Fat
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 4:29pm
Fat - you guys crack me up.  Had fun last night! 

www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 8:56pm
Thanks soooo much for the images. It's good to see some old friends. Bob, you are awesome. This has made my mouth water, figuratively speaking. The WMAS is awesome. If only I could fly over every month to help out and enjoy time with old and new friends. My wife gets frustrated with the amount of time I spend here on the MB, but if we could come visit family every month, she'd be in heaven. What am I saying?!! Here we are in paradise and I'm talking about heaven being SLC. Shocked
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2012 at 10:35am
Sounds Fantastic!  I'm so bummed I missed this one. Ouch
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2012 at 10:41am
Originally posted by CrimsRayne CrimsRayne wrote:

I'm so sad I missed it.  I had to work.  Cry 
When is the next one going to be?

Next one should be in September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic