Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Simple Suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CCFMIG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCFMIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simple Suggestion
    Posted: May 10 2012 at 1:49pm
Just a simple suggestion and sorry if it has already been introduced.

Suggesting that you organize or have a way to separate Fish, Coral, Equipment in the

Aquarium Related Classifieds 

Sections of the site.
McClure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McClure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 2:06pm
How would you recommend making an ease of posting if a person were parting out a complete system? I may not be the masses but I don't think I would make 3 separate posts if I was spring cleaning, tearing down a system, etc. 
CCFMIG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCFMIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 2:14pm
You wouldn't need to. You could have a "Parting Out" section as well. Everything would still show in the classifieds like it does now but have some filtering links to the left. When someone posts a new topic they would associate the New Topic with one of the sections. 1 simple step for seller. then in the classifieds you would have a filter button area to to choose. you would still see all the posts unless you filter it for fish or corals etc...... Just a thought! I run a large site myself so I know the benefits of having the ease of use.

Edited by CCFMIG - May 10 2012 at 2:14pm
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 1:44pm
That's actually a great idea! Or have 4 sections; "Fish", "Coral/Invertebrates", "Equipment", and "Anything Else"
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 1:54pm
I think that adding extra buy/sale/trade forums would be confusing especially to new users. They way it's setup now it's basically a marketplace for all aquarium related items. If I was a new user seeing four different forums would probably turn me off. Most people come to this board at first to either buy or sale and end up staying for the advice/friendship/etc. Still we will discuss in our next presidency meeting as I'm only speaking for myself and not the presidency as a whole.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
CCFMIG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCFMIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by jwoo jwoo wrote:

I think that adding extra buy/sale/trade forums would be confusing especially to new users. They way it's setup now it's basically a marketplace for all aquarium related items. If I was a new user seeing four different forums would probably turn me off. Most people come to this board at first to either buy or sale and end up staying for the advice/friendship/etc. Still we will discuss in our next presidency meeting as I'm only speaking for myself and not the presidency as a whole.

Here is what I am talking about. I feel this would be a great addition to this site. Unless one of the sort filters are chosen it would still function the same as it does now.

Edited by CCFMIG - May 11 2012 at 2:49pm
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 2:43pm
Ohhhh a filter so you could tag your post in buy/sale/trade? Now that is an idea I like!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
CCFMIG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCFMIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 2:50pm
Exactly i just added another pic too so you can see what the new post looks like.
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 2:54pm
Looks awesome and creative but to be honest this is what I see happening...

1. People start tagging their classifieds.
2. People get tired of tagging their classifieds because it doesn't make any difference in their sales.
3. People stop using the filter to view classifieds because they miss out on posts that are not tagged.
4. Everyone stops using the filter and tagging because they prefer just seeing everything on one page.

Just a thought but I could be 100% wrong.
CCFMIG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCFMIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 2:58pm
Thats why it says required when posting your new topic. if it wont let you post without then it will become a standard function when posting in the forums, you could have it set to Required before you could post a new topic. in my vision of it anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic