Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pop Eye??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
McClure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McClure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pop Eye??
    Posted: May 24 2012 at 8:01pm
So we got this new Banggai yesterday. She is massive.... and gorgeous and even appears happy. The problem? One of her eyes is WAY bigger than the other and cloudy. Also the cleaner wrasse is obsessed with that particular eye. I texted the guy I got her from when I noticed and he said she has been like that for about 2 years. That to me I guess would say, its probably okay, but wondering if maybe I should medicate or do something anyway? Any thoughts? Advice?

180 Gallon, 75 gallon, 30 gallon, 5 gallon. On a side note: I have just now decided that "Gallon" is a funny looking word.
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 8:21pm
Hahaha "pop Eye" sorry, anyways you know, if hes been like that and seems happy and fine, he might be good, but if the other fish keeps messing with it, maybe then you should see if there is a medicine or something.. Just throwing out ideas. But do keep an eye out for the wrasse, and even though it probably wont, keep and eye out for the eye just incase something changes.
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
Tresa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 7:39am
The best thing you can do is make sure your water quality is excellent.... fish can usually heal themselves if the water is good and they are eating... Smile
McClure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McClure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 9:31am
She ate and schooled with the others when I put her in the tank on Wednesday and has not eaten since. Yesterday, she spent most of the day hiding in a Kenya Tree until evening when she came out to hang with the others. 
180 Gallon, 75 gallon, 30 gallon, 5 gallon. On a side note: I have just now decided that "Gallon" is a funny looking word.
Tresa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tresa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 10:43am

Do you use garlic? It is very hard to treat in a reef tank, just keep the water conditions good and give her some time...

McClure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McClure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 11:15am
We do use garlic. I think she will be okay. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic