Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B/S/T Suggestionn - required asking price

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B/S/T Suggestionn - required asking price
    Posted: May 25 2012 at 1:14pm
In other forums it is a common rule that if you post a for sale ad, it is required to have an asking price. I've seen a few ads lately that have a "best offer", no price at all, or even a "call me and I'll tell you how much I want". Really?
I'm ok with a listed price with an OBO, but this nebulous who knows what realm the price is in I think opens people up for at the very least distrust, and at the worst, dishonest practices.
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 1:20pm
I agree!
jeromy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 1:30pm
X3
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 3:19pm
i agree, but if you call I will tell you what I really think..........;)
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 3:47pm
Definitely agree, I usually won't even bother looking if it doesn't have a price.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 8:32pm
Even worse- "Gauging interest". Of course no price and who knows if the item is really for sale.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

1stupidpunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stupidpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2012 at 12:06pm
I agree for the most part, i dont see a problem with the gauging interest posts as that is a way to see if what you want to sell i even worth your time posting.
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2012 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by 1stupidpunk 1stupidpunk wrote:

I agree for the most part, i dont see a problem with the gauging interest posts as that is a way to see if what you want to sell i even worth your time posting.

If you have the time to ask if someone is interested in your posted item, take the extra 2.4 seconds to add a price and possibly some pictures. You will then save everyone (including yourself) a ton of time.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2012 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Dion Richins Dion Richins wrote:

i agree, but if you call I will tell you what I really think..........;)

ch3tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ch3tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2012 at 10:21pm
I agree a price should be a requirement when posting anything for sale. Also, I don't like the "auction" threads that are happening right now. This isn't ebay
Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic