Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chiller!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Soehl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soehl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chiller!
    Posted: June 03 2012 at 9:48pm
Does anyone have a chiller I could borrow?  My central air just went down and my tank is already at 81 degrees.  I had one I was going to buy but the sale fell through.  My tank is a 55 with a 30 gallon sump, so around 75 gallons of water.

Thanks!
Cory

(801)9284136  Text me any time.  I am good for tonight, I think, and will be at work at 6 tomorrow but I could take off early to come pick it up...
Cory
180 Gallon Mixed Reef
Radion Pro LED
75 Gallon Elite Sump/Refugium
builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2012 at 9:53pm
Probably does not help much but i have one you could borrow until your air gets back up.
It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2012 at 9:57pm
Until you find one fans blowing across the water, and also you can freeze ro water and use the icecubes to help cool the tank....good luck
Cody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2012 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by badfinger badfinger wrote:

Until you find one fans blowing across the water, and also you can freeze ro water and use the icecubes to help cool the tank....good luck

This I what I do. Haha
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2012 at 1:02am
A fan blowing on the water's surface can drop a tanks temperature significantly. I would try that first before leaping to a chiller. Chillers can actually make the problem worse as they put off considerable amounts of heat into the room they are in.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
Soehl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soehl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2012 at 6:28am
Got it.  I have two fans and added some ice already!  Thanks everyone.
Cory
180 Gallon Mixed Reef
Radion Pro LED
75 Gallon Elite Sump/Refugium
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic