Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

29g Biocube HQI Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2012 at 6:46pm
I would say testing once a week is more than enough. Keeping a record of all weekly parameters will allow you to see how much ALK and calcium your tank is using a week. Then depending on how often you are wiling to dose, you can split that weekly amount into several doses a week. This is important to help you maintain a stable system and keep more delicate corals if you decide to. ;)
bfisher88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfisher88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2012 at 2:48pm
Picked up a six line wrasse to replace the one we lost originally and it is doing great so far. Also two small zoa frags which are both looking good as well. No more additions for a few weeks while we see how all of these react through the last move. Looking good!
bfisher88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfisher88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2012 at 8:22am
Moved the tank to the final spot a few days ago and everything is looking god. Rescaped the tank and I think it looks a lot better. Getting the MP10 and a nice toadstool today. 

Need some input on whether the rock on top is too close to the light to grow some corals. It's pretty high up in the tank so what will do well at that level? I'm doing LPS and softies. 

Molli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2012 at 8:44am
The rock in my Biocube is at least that high and it is covered with softies .. but .. I don't have the HQI version so I don't know about the difference in our lights.  My light would be much closer to my rock than yours, but your light may be more powerful than mine. 
bfisher88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfisher88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2012 at 4:12pm
New additions and tank shot. Brain coral and GSP. More coming this week along with the MP10 finally. 

tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2012 at 12:00am
Wow, coming along very nice! Looking great
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
bfisher88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfisher88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2012 at 9:07am
Thanks! Actually just added a bunxh of stuff yesterday, maybe too much? So I'll be keeping a close eye on things in the next few weeks. 4-5 more zoa colonies, mushroom leather, 6-8 hammer coral heads, one sps green birdsnest maybe? Also a Vortech MP10 finally. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic