Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Delete My Account

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delete My Account
    Posted: October 13 2012 at 11:00am
That's what I was using. I'm not sure what fixed my problem...but try this:

Install Google Chrome without importing any of your preferences/settings/etc. See if that works first.
builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2012 at 10:18am
I am using IE 9. Secrutiy set at Medium.
It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2012 at 9:45am
Yup, that's the problem I had. What internet browser are you using? How do you have your cookie preferences set?
builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2012 at 9:12am
Originally posted by ReefdUp ReefdUp wrote:

It's a login thing I think. Tells me I do not have permissions when I try to post...or it tells me that my session has ended (but I'm still logged in.) I have to exit the page, return, logout, then login.

That's why I think trying a new account completely might help.
Mine does the same thing after every post i make. Fact of it is it will do it as soon as i hit the post reply button on this post. Kinda of a pain but i have gotten use to it.
It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2012 at 10:12pm
After having this problem for almost a year now, I think it's finally fixed!!!

I made up a matrix spreadsheet to try every combo and every possible solution. I reconfigured my cookie preferences, uninstalled just about everything, reinstalled, and started using Chrome again (Chrome had the same problem before.) Magically...something fixed it...or at least I've stayed logged in all day.

Yeeeah!!! Thanks to everyone who helped...and sorry to those of you who I never replied to. :-/
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 8:57pm
Wow, I admire your tenacity to resolve a problem.
The easy way might be the best way to find out.
Reefed Up reads the same as your original forum name.
Reef'd Up is your trademark/website, but maybe after the new one works for a while, you could risk changing it. Have the new name updated to your trademark name and see if it continues working from then on, otherwise change it back and place the trademark name in your signature line.
Good luck
Big smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 8:45pm
Take your laptop and try it on my router. You know the password or Little Jake does. If it doesn't work on my network try your log in on my Mac behind my desk.  That should tell us definitively if it's a computer, network or user name/password issue. 

While you're there the tanks both need a water change ;-) Just kidding!  But go try it and cheer Debbie up.  Maybe she'll fix dinner for you.

Fat 
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 8:27pm
With all due respect and appreciation for the help...after several months of this recurring problem, I've tried the "typical fixes"...to include cookies (first thing I checked).

So, here's my list so we don't keep rehashing:

Problem: various error messages saying I don't have sufficient permissions to access forums or that I've timed out (after one post usually). I have to close out of the site, reopen the site, log out (logging out before closing out of the page never works), then log in to post. This started the same time as the forum upgrades a few months ago.

Tried solutions:

One desktop with Vista
- Problem started with this computer......
- IE8, IE9, FireFox, Chrome
- No browser toolbars or internet website spam filter stuff
- Ran AVG anti-virus
- Firewall disabled/enabled
- Lowered/re-raised security options
- Cleared temporary files/internet history
- Enabled cookies (requirement for 99% of the sites I use)
- Added utahreefs to my allowed list in security
- Two different routers
- Two different modems

Laptop computer #1 with Windows 7
- IE9, Chrome, Firefox
- Router #1 only
- Modem #1 only
- Ran Norton anti-virus
- HUSBAND's ACCOUNT WORKS FINE!!!! on this computer

Laptop computer #2 with Windows 7
- IE9, Chrome, Firefox
- Router #1 & #2
- Modem #1 only
- Cleared temp internet files
- Run Kaspersky anti-virus
- Disabled/enabled firewall
- Lowered/re-raised security options
- Disabled/enabled antivirus software (oh yeah, livin on the wild side)
- Cookies are enabled (again...I'm on multiple forums with no issues)
- Utahreefs on my allowed list
- Changed username (Reef'd Up to ReefdUp)

Mobile Android Phone
- No problems
- Running AVG anti-virus
- Tried logging out to make sure it wasn't interfering with computer account

I have not yet tried another network. However, my HUSBAND's account works fine on his computer, and yet mine does not. I really *really* don't think I'm misdiagnosing this problem to the point where it is something as simple as my cookies or whatever.

BTW, I should note that I'm on NanoReefs, ReefCentral, CincyReef, WORCReef, CORA, the Mustang Corral, and a few other smaller forums. I have no issues on those sites.

Edited by ReefdUp - June 19 2012 at 8:34pm
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 11:33am
I agree with everyone above.
These guys are some of the most helpful people you will ever meet and they donate tons of their valuable time to the WMAS. Hug

My computer recently stopped showing me movies and clips, like youtube. The error message says to check my internet connection and clear the cache, but that's not it. The problem appears to have started after I updated to the newest version of Adobe Flash Player. I'm still working on getting it resolved!
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Shayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 9:48am
I was getting the same errors on my work computer. I ended up changing the security settings (lowered them) and that solved my issue. I use IE at at work and Firefox at home. Never have a problem at home.

Edited by Shayne - June 19 2012 at 9:48am
21G Reefer Nano
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2012 at 9:14am

Sheesh...sorry everyone. I swear I'm not trying to be a pain...just an active member. :)

You are most certainly NOT being a pain. I think everyone in the presidency shares my feelings on this. We just want things to work for you and we don't mind helping.

If Jake's suggestions don't help, you might also check your browser's security settings. I think some browsers will even let you set them per web site. Make sure "cookies" are allowed.
===========

Shawn Winterbottom
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2012 at 11:18pm
I am sorry you are having problems. I doubt the problem will be solved by creating a new account. This is usually caused by issues with the temporary files on your computer. Clearing your temp files / browser cache will usually fix it. I have also seen browser toolbars cause problems. In particular spyware and virus protection toolbars.

Try someone else's computer with a different internet connection and let us know what happens.

I am typing this post on an android tablet using the default browser. I use Firefox at home, Chrome at work, and IE everywhere else and have no problems.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2012 at 8:25pm
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2012 at 5:09pm
We've tried two different routers, so I don't think that's the case. How would I check that? Plus, nothing changed to the router when this problem started. I was ok on the forum for several months.

Here's one error I'm getting:

jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2012 at 4:22pm
Does your router have a firewall installed on it?  Maybe the firewall is having issues.  
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2012 at 2:44pm
Sorry...not ignoring you guys (just can't post easily.) Fatman is out of town, so I'll try his house when he gets back. If that doesn't work, I'll try jwoo's idea - make a new account and keep this one just in case.

Sheesh...sorry everyone. I swear I'm not trying to be a pain...just an active member. :)
Laird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2012 at 12:43pm
I always use Safari because I have problems with the other browsers.
Indefinite hiatus from sw aquariums.

Once I have my glorious return I'll set back up the following.
50 Gallon rimless cube.
180 Gallons mixed reef paradise
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2012 at 10:59am

Hey Fatman, can I come over sometime and try my account on your computer/network? That'll rule things out pretty quickly.

That's what I would try first...go to someone's house and use their computer/network.
===========

Shawn Winterbottom
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2012 at 11:45am
Nikki - you can just create a new account without needing to delete this one. That way if it doesn't work we can continue to troubleshot and you can keep you old account. I'd hate to delete your account only to have the trouble on a new one (not saying you would but I'd rather be safe then sorry!)

So make a new account and see what happens. If it works we can move your paid status to the new one and you'll be set. If it doesn't we need to figure out why your account is different from everyone elses. The fact that it works on the mobile site but not the website is odd.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2012 at 9:38am
Hey Fatman, can I come over sometime and try my account on your computer/network? That'll rule things out pretty quickly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic