Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Delete My Account

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delete My Account
    Posted: June 14 2012 at 5:30pm
Please delete my account.  I am frustrated with my inability to properly access the forum, and I've reached my breaking point.  I will try rejoining with a more simple name, but if things don't workafter that, then I'll just see you all at meetings.

Thanks in advance.
Nikki

www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 5:45pm
Create a new username first, and try it.  Without the ' in it and see what happens.  

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 5:48pm
What user name do you want and I can see if i can modify your current account.

Edited by Summertop - June 14 2012 at 7:31pm
===========

Shawn Winterbottom
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 9:40pm
Let's try "ReefdUp".  I'm not optimistic...just thinking deleting my account and starting over might be best to eliminate that as a possibility.  I don't think it's the name since the mobile site works fine for me.
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 2:09pm
Ok...when you can't log in, try ReefdUp
===========

Shawn Winterbottom
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 9:18pm
Get this fixed! Nikki's input is far too valuable to be accessible only at the meetings.
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Shane H Shane H wrote:

Get this fixed! Nikki's input is far too valuable to be accessible only at the meetings.

Absolutely!!!!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2012 at 6:47am
Thanks guys for the help, but the name change didn't fix the problem. 
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2012 at 8:00am
Looks like we need to get her a new computer. Heil, can you acquire some funds from a secret account... Or does that only work for getting alcohol?

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2012 at 9:05am
I actually already got a new computer...with a new operating system (last computer had Vista...ew...this one is running on Windows 7.) The problem started when the forum was updated months ago. Does our forum run on WordPress? I've seen this is a common problem for WP.
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2012 at 9:17am
I have problems with my new computer when in fire fox. (also running windows 7) I have to turn off the wysiwyg in the setting box. Or use IE as Im doing right now.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2012 at 9:19am
I use IE9, tried Firefox (didn't import the settings), tried Chrome (didn't import the settings).  Tried hubby's computer...

Nada...
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2012 at 9:23am
It's a login thing I think. Tells me I do not have permissions when I try to post...or it tells me that my session has ended (but I'm still logged in.) I have to exit the page, return, logout, then login.

That's why I think trying a new account completely might help.
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2012 at 9:38am
Hey Fatman, can I come over sometime and try my account on your computer/network? That'll rule things out pretty quickly.
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2012 at 11:45am
Nikki - you can just create a new account without needing to delete this one. That way if it doesn't work we can continue to troubleshot and you can keep you old account. I'd hate to delete your account only to have the trouble on a new one (not saying you would but I'd rather be safe then sorry!)

So make a new account and see what happens. If it works we can move your paid status to the new one and you'll be set. If it doesn't we need to figure out why your account is different from everyone elses. The fact that it works on the mobile site but not the website is odd.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2012 at 10:59am
Originally posted by ReefdUp ReefdUp wrote:

Hey Fatman, can I come over sometime and try my account on your computer/network? That'll rule things out pretty quickly.

That's what I would try first...go to someone's house and use their computer/network.
===========

Shawn Winterbottom
Laird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2012 at 12:43pm
I always use Safari because I have problems with the other browsers.
Indefinite hiatus from sw aquariums.

Once I have my glorious return I'll set back up the following.
50 Gallon rimless cube.
180 Gallons mixed reef paradise
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2012 at 2:44pm
Sorry...not ignoring you guys (just can't post easily.) Fatman is out of town, so I'll try his house when he gets back. If that doesn't work, I'll try jwoo's idea - make a new account and keep this one just in case.

Sheesh...sorry everyone. I swear I'm not trying to be a pain...just an active member. :)
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2012 at 4:22pm
Does your router have a firewall installed on it?  Maybe the firewall is having issues.  
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2012 at 5:09pm
We've tried two different routers, so I don't think that's the case. How would I check that? Plus, nothing changed to the router when this problem started. I was ok on the forum for several months.

Here's one error I'm getting:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic