Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fluval Edge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fluval Edge
    Posted: June 15 2012 at 10:43am
Thought I would share how my Fluval Edge is coming along in my own thread.  I will update when new items are added or when there is considerable amount of change.  I've had this Fluval Edge for a little over 1.5 years now but have only recently upgraded the lights on the tank to a custom built, 27 watt LED fixture.  The color combo is 6 blue's and 3 white.  I'm still struggling with how to photograph it beacuse of the such intense light at the top it tends to wash everything out in the picture.  I perform weekly waterchanges of about 1-2 gallons a week and change carbon every other week.  I am running the stock filter.  I have roughly 12lbs of live rock in the tank along with a very healthy CUC, helfrichi firefish, blk/white striped damsel and a clown.  Coral include, sun coral, pink and green birdnest, cactus coral, blue candycane, misc zoo's and palys, a ricordea, and a very healthy frogspawn.
  I had to recently sell my other tank because of my back injury and was unable to care for it anymore.   This tank right now is perfect in size as it's easy to care for.  Not much maintance.  I do not dose anything as everything has been staying within tolerance with the weekly water changes.  I hope to add some more zoo's, and possibly a small  clam.   Smile
Please post away and let me know what you think!!!

chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 10:47am
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 10:48am
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2012 at 12:24pm
My clown has taken a liking to my frogspawn lately and am wondering about adding a black ice clown as a mate. With weekly water changes I am sure the quality of water would be fine. However that would be 4 small fish in a small tank. Should I remove the damsel and just have the 2 clowns and the helfrichi? Or am I just crazy for considering any of it, lmk.
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2012 at 11:38am
Thought I would post a update of what has been added to the tank.
1.  Green Birdsnest
2. Black Ice Clown

3.  Sexy Shrimp

4.  Couple different acan's courtesy of reef kingdom.  If any of you are looking for acans give David at Reef Kingdom a call!!!
5.Sun Coral

I also have added several different zoas, Reverse Gorilla Nipples, Radioactive Dragon Eyes & my favorite Gold Dust Paly's!!!!

Please post away with comments and ideas. 

Edited by chuckfu - June 23 2012 at 11:39am
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2012 at 11:44am
I like your tank a lot man. Have you had any problems at all with corals and your new led lighting?
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2012 at 1:49pm
Nothing yet. The only problems I'm having is trying to photograph the tank and get true colors in the pictures. The tank is not this dark in person, not even close. Everything has been open and doing well. Thanks for the compliments I love your tank as well.
speyside712 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speyside712 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2012 at 4:47pm
Your clowns really host the frogspawn? I've heard of it but never seen that before.  Before I bought a rbta my two ocellaris clowns were hosting a large patch fuzzy green mushroom, but they never even looked at my frogspawn.  Thats kinda cool yours jump right in.
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2012 at 5:33pm
I've had the smaller one for about a year and he just started. The black ice I got yesterday jumped right in. It's awesome to see the clowns and the sexy shrimp interact with each other!
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2012 at 7:47pm
You know what would look awesome? I centerpiece non-green LPS. A super colorful chalice, favia, scoly, Trachy, etc sitting right smack in the middle front
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2012 at 8:04pm
Got anything you want to sell? ; ) I agree!
Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 2:45pm
Nice. Sorry about your back injury... My clowns have never even looked at my frogspawn, but they hosted a toadstool leather for a while. 
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 2:48pm
They are hilarious in it. You won't see either one and then they both come busting through the frogspawn!
Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 2:54pm
Haha thats cool.
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2012 at 9:06pm
Added some lunar eclipse and supermans today! Pics tomorrow. Still looking for oompa loompa's!
Nails12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nails12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2012 at 9:18pm
Looks good!!! No sump correct just HOB? Thats pretty dope... I like it, my clowns are deciding between the rhodactis, and the bubble coral for hosting... When they play with the bubble coral, it gets po'd though. . . I wish they would host my torch or my frogspawn... Lucky!!! Ill have to come check out this tank in person..
This is more than a hobby; its a lifestyle.
1973Ford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1973Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2012 at 9:35pm
Aquatic dreams had some frags of oompa loompas in there back room for sale
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2012 at 9:48pm
Crap, why didnt they tell me that? Ill have to call them before I run out there again.
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2012 at 10:31am
Here is the pics of the Lunar Eclipse and the Superman's.

chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2012 at 10:35am
Added a pink and yellow nudibranch to the tank yesterday. I know they do not live long in captivity but my son really wanted " Gary "! Anybody have any luck with one?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic