Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Local Stores and This Forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
GonZo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GonZo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2003 at 6:18pm

I get a little nervous when I get advice from an LFS (could be the bad Auto/RC Willey sales experiences) When a person uses a LFS username there is a part of me that says they just want my buisness. Having said that I think LFS owners representing themselves, their experiences, and own opinions could log in as themselves and post anywhere. The "Commercial category" is a great idea and LFS owners representing their buisness should only post there. This way there would be a seperation and I wouldn't get confused between advice and advertisment.

Cortney (West Jordan)
The joy of discovery is certainly the liveliest that the mind of man can ever feel. - Claude Bernard
Kahuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kahuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2003 at 9:39pm

I have a strong suggestion for the LFS's. It is that on our meeting night, they close no later than 7pm. They could even come up with some type of notice letting their customers know why they are closed and where they should go. 

We can start this by boycotting  Jake's store until he caves into our pressure.  The whole reason for this is that we have lost one of the greatest assets to our club since he got the job with the slave master.  Jake free our man Marcus!!!  At least one night a month.

This would also encourage other LFS's to attend our meetings and further our relationships with each other.

Cell 801 860-7333
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2003 at 10:18pm

Holy smokes!!!!!

Thank you very much!  I really appreciate the compliment.  I am glad that my presence was felt when I was at the meetings.  I don't think I can encourage a boycott of The Pet Factory because I have to pay my bills too. 

Marcus

Kahuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kahuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 8:46pm
bump
Cell 801 860-7333
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 10:26pm

I am aware of at least one other local store that will be closing early during our meeting nights.  That way the employees can attend our meetings.  Some advertising regarding this is in the works.  I admit, it is going slowly, but still... it is in the works. 

Adam

ps- I have noticed that Kirk is not alone and that many people (including myself) often refer to Marcus as slave boy.  Sometimes my parents will jokingly say "we need to get us a Marcus to mow the lawn" or other things like that.  Sorry Marcus, I think all of us should stop that. 

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
tomason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2003 at 10:53pm

I just wanted to vote for a commercial section too!  I live in Utah valley, so when I make it up to Salt Lake for a LFS tour, it'd be really nice to have a place I can go to take a quick look at the sales/specials going on.  For example, last time I went to The Aquarium, they were having an awesome fish sale (Purple tang, reg. $79.99 on sale for $29.99!, and others too).

BTW, I also wanna put in a plug for TPF too.  They have great service and great prices!  For much of their livestock, they have internet prices without the shipping costs, which is pretty incredible.

-Tom

Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2003 at 11:57am

Hey Tom, how long ago was that sale at The Aquarium?  I'm going call Brad and see if has anymore.  I'll go buy one for that price.  Thank you very much for the plug.  You, as hobbyists, are our livelyhood and we need to make you all pleased.  If makes us feel good to hear that more people think we are doing a good job.

Adam, your dad is one of the coolest dads that I have ever met.  Therefore, wouldn't he realize that he had you to mow their lawn?  Wait a minute, don't you still live at home?  Oh that's right, you moved out like a week ago.

If anyone ever calls the shop and asks for "slaveboy", I will answer ready to help.  I have no problem with that.  But I don't mow lawns or do dishes.

tomason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2003 at 2:53pm
The sale, I think, was 3-4 weeks ago.  Man, I wish I would have thought of posting that here then!  Next time I will.  I was going to go back and get a couple fish but didn't have time for the drive. <sigh>
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2003 at 4:35pm
Tom, I was just teasing you about the sale.  It is a good price, but I would just buy it from myself.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2003 at 12:28pm

I should add something here.  I'm not really commenting on the proposed commercial forum, but wanting to let people know of something else we offer.  The massive club email list, where I email all of you about upcoming meetings, and send out meeting notes and stuff like that, well that is somewhat available for local stores. 

I will include or forward information from local stores if they ask, which very few do.  We do NOT send this info if it is simply their weekly special or just what they have in.  But we do send stuff out if they ask us to say something like "Flame Angels regularly $40, this Saturday all WMAS members get 20% off" or something like "Many Yellow Tangs in stock, WMAS members get buy one get one free" or something where it is a benefit to our members.  We use to send this info out more regularly but over the last couple years we haven't had as many requests from the stores.

just so you all know

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic