Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Guy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
saltyjarhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltyjarhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 2:05pm

Well I have my tank set up and I guess it is cycling. I put in 40 #s of LS and 30 #s of live rock that is awsome I think. The LR I got had a ton of clams, snails and bristle worms on it. It also has a lot of plant life that I have no idea what it is. So far everything seems to be doing well. The snails are all over the tank and the clams are open all the time.

Here is a pic of one of my hitch hikers. The snail is in the middle of the pic in the hole. It came out and was cruising around the tank after this pic. Anyone have an idea of what kind of snail it is? It's pretty flat with what looks like a hole with little feelers comming out of the point on the top I guess this is how it breathes? There is some other different ones in there and my brother said he thought one looked like an abalone snail, but didn't know what kind.

Here is a pic of the tank.

I look forward to getting some more pics for you as my tank progresses.

Edited by saltyjarhead - June 25 2012 at 2:06pm
xlr8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlr8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2012 at 10:54pm
Lookin good! One of the most exciting and interesting parts of this hobby is the hitch hikers. Keep us posted.
When you hear hoofbeats....Think of a zebra

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltyjarhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2012 at 7:22am
I totally agree with you. Last night I was looking my tank over and just under my branched piece of LR I noticed what looked to be little black spikes poking out of a hole. Awhile later I looked again and I had a tiny sea urchin making his way out of the LR. Pretty amazing stuff considering he was out of the water from FL to SLC and then from the store in SLC to my house in Tooele.
Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2012 at 7:43am
Nice!
papa-squid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa-squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2012 at 8:46am
Kind of looks like an astrea snail. But I think I know what you're talking about. But I'd like to know too cause I may have one as well
Officially Addicted!
new upgrade from 40cube to 55g.
and helping friend and his mom
with there new 55g.
Dallin Anthony
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2012 at 10:00pm
Limpet
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltyjarhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2012 at 7:55am
Well I was able to get a few pics of my urchin and I am thinking it is a pencil urchin?
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 6:43pm
Welcome!
220 G SPS Display.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic