Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4x8 acrylic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
maximus89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maximus89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4x8 acrylic
    Posted: June 02 2003 at 3:13pm

Does anyone know where the cheapest place in slc area to get 4x8 sheet of 1/2 or 3/8 acrylic?

Quote:"A man has got to know his limitations"
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 3:17pm
Regional Supply - approx. 3600 S. 300 W.
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 3:31pm

See http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=11&TopicID=448&PagePosition=2 for some recent prices... or call yourself.

BTW, the sheet from Delvies is imported from Taiwan.

maximus89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maximus89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 3:53pm

Thank you for the replies. jfinch I seen your skimmer it looks cool might have to get the details from you if you let me. I was looking in to making me one to looks good. If your running that on a 2100 thats alot of foam!

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 5:00pm
Maximus89, ask whatever questions you have, it's an open design ...
maximus89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maximus89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2003 at 9:04am

What kind of tools did you construct it with? What would be the most critical part of the whole project? Is that a beckkett injection? What am I looking in materials to build it? I have access to some 1/4 or 3/8 acrylic but nothing that is big enough to make a sump with but probably a skimmer box though! I found a site on reef.org online coarse 35.00 I think it was maco something like that Im to lazy to go back and find it anyway I was to late to sign up for it anyways it looked interesting though. But back to the skimmer I am fasinated about building a skimmer now and I cant get it off my mind if your getting that much foam off a 2100 then that is pretty effecient they dont draw that much elec. compared to most down draft injection models I have read about.  That ought to be a good start for me anyways

SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2003 at 10:27am

What about Delvies Plastics?

http://www.delviesplastics.com/

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2003 at 5:30pm

maximus89, since this doesn't really have anything to do with this thread, I replied to your questions in the "Mini Skimmer" thread...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic