Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brand New Here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Molli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brand New Here
    Posted: June 28 2012 at 5:29pm
I am excited to have found this forum.  I have started my first ever reef tank (biocube 29) and have been reading as much as I can about it.  It is 6 weeks old now and doing great!  Just thought I would say hello and if it wasn't for these kinds of sites I would be lost!  My goal is to purchase a much larger tank for myself for Christmas!  I am more interested in the corals than I am the fish, so I don't think I will have a problem with overloading my tank. 
Quickness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quickness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 5:56pm
The fun begins!  And soon you will find yourself just as addicted to the fish as you do the coral.  This is a great site with a lot of knowledge!  So if you need anything or have questions ask. 
Molon Labe
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Christianwaisath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christianwaisath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 6:02pm
Welcome!!
Molli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 6:03pm

Thanks for the welcome.  It has been difficult to go slow, but I am forcing myself to do that.  I thought this would be a very relazing hobby as I have always enjoyed LOOKING at reef tanks.  Now that I am getting into it I am very stressed LOL.  That is because I'm a bit of a perfectionist and daily if I see something different in my tank I have to figure out what it is, whether it is harmful, etc.  I'm scared to death of something "bad" happening and killing what is in my tank!  Last nite I notice white raised spots on two of my nerite snails.  Scared me to death.  Took an hour researching on the internet, only to fine out they are nerite eggs!  I was so relieved!  Oh gosh I hope eventually the stress subsides because I am enjoying this -- just afraid to make a big mistake and do major harm to my tank!

jason10012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason10012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 6:04pm
welcome to the addiction LOL, and i completely agree with you on finding this forum its been a wonderful resource. 
30 gallon nano
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 6:11pm
WELCOME!!!! Ask all the questions you want. We will do our best to satisfy your search for knowledge!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Molli Molli wrote:

I am more interested in the corals than I am the fish, so I don't think I will have a problem with overloading my tank. 
Famous last words.LOL
Welcome to the Obsession.
It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 6:41pm
Welcome ask/read your heart out!
220 G SPS Display.

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 7:11pm
Great to have you here.  If you ever want to check out some tanks there are quite a few of us in Bountiful, Centerville, Farmington.  Come on over.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

Great to have you here.  If you ever want to check out some tanks there are quite a few of us in Bountiful, Centerville, Farmington.  Come on over.

Adam

Yea def! I'm right in centerville off main st. On the border of Bountiful. My wife and I would love to have you over sometime to talk reef. If you're interested shoot me a private message ;)

Edited by BillyC - June 28 2012 at 7:44pm
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2012 at 7:57pm
Hey there! Welcome, I hope to see you at our meeting on July 5th at 7pm. On the 7th of July our speaker is going to give us a behind the scenes look into The Living Planet Aquarium! For more details on that look on the Meetings and Events part of the forum.
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic