Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fromia star dying?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1stupidpunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stupidpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fromia star dying?
    Posted: July 11 2012 at 3:10pm
For the past few weeks my fromia stars legs look like they are withering away. I first assumed something was pecking him so i moved him into the refugium but its getting worse. I found alot of conflicting info on the net about the cause, could it be shock from ph/oxygen changes, is it starving? Theres in plenty to graze on in the fuge and it gets more than enough light, but also has some rock to hide in to escape the light. Not sure what the next move is, any suggestions?
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2012 at 3:31pm
More than likely...starving. I've only seen Fromia stars do well in very mature VERY large tanks (300g or more.)

Not to be callous, but if you decide to part with it before it goes all the way, please let me know as I have a harlequin pair with the female carrying babies.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic