Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lskurys 220 gallon Final update 4-6-15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2012 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Dion Richins Dion Richins wrote:

I didn't worry about the braces. (originally they were on my 200 euro glass ) Your t-5"s are making up the difference ;)
With the T-5's I really don't have any dead spots.  I really am liking the look of the Leds on this tank.  I have the AI's up to about 50% now and all of the corals still seem to be happy.  I might be going a little slower than I need to with stepping up the light on the tank.  I had 6 T-5's over my 75gallon so I think most of the corals are ok with pretty bright light. 
220g , large elite aquatics sump. 3 Radion Pro Gen 3 lights 3 Mp 40's
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2012 at 3:16pm

Just giving a little update.  I have gotten my WXM controler for my for the 2 mp40's to be controled my the apex.  We are still waiting on the VDM unit so that we can control the AI sol blues from the apex.  I am guessing that it should be in soon.   We have also added a couple of new frags.  All of the corals are opening up and happy.  Adding a couple of pics of the tank so far.

Shot of the Left side
and the right side

Edited by lskurys - August 08 2012 at 3:17pm
Nails12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nails12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2012 at 3:29pm
Looking Good!!!
This is more than a hobby; its a lifestyle.
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2012 at 4:59pm
We have been trying to get our micro bubbles under control and gave up.  We pick up a new sump last night.   Still working some of the plumbing but will add a few pics after.  Then if I can control the micro bubble maybe I can start getting some good pics of the new fish and corals that we have picked up for the new tank. 
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2012 at 7:19pm
Wow its all looking really good
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
Dionysus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dionysus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2012 at 10:48pm
I love the dark wood!
AquaMedic 250 Watt XM 20k
2 420s Vhos
29 DT SPS Dominant
20 G Long Frag

My Tank Progress =)
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2012 at 9:04am

New sump is all set up and running.  No micro bubbles in the tank now!!!!  I am really loving the new tank so far. 

With the new sump I Only had to change 2 fittings on the suction to the pump everything else stayed the same.  I had to redo the return lines but that was not too bad except that I had a small leak around the valve on the right side of the tank.  I fixed that with a few extra coats of glue around the joint. 

I think that I will need to move my controller now but That will be a project for the week end maybe. 

Well here are a few pics so that you can see what has changed. 

This was the old sump before I pulled it out. 
New sump with the return pump
You can see the controller in this shot.  With the old sump I had a little over a foot of room there but now not so much.

This is how thing look now.  I will get some pics of the display tank pretty soon. 
Laird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2012 at 4:12pm
Lookin good man. I see you got one of tylers sumps, thats what I have for mine too but mines still waiting in the garage. Our set ups are going to be pretty similar when its all said and done.
Indefinite hiatus from sw aquariums.

Once I have my glorious return I'll set back up the following.
50 Gallon rimless cube.
180 Gallons mixed reef paradise
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2012 at 6:40pm
Thanks Laird,

I really am liking the sump.  You will love your new tank when you get it all set up.  I do think that you are cheating with out doing the swap all in one day. lol.  I stopped by Bill's just after he dropped off your new tank.  He said your new stand is really nice.  I will have to see it again some time.
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 7:20pm
I noticed that I have not updated this in a few months. Adding a few pics so that you can see the changes. In the time sence the last post I have added a dosing pump and have gone from about 100 ML of Alk to just a little over 400 ML in the last 2 months. That is just to keep my alk at 8.6 to 9.6. I have also updated/upgraded from a G4 skimmer to a Bubble mag 9 so far loving the change. Now on to the Pics!  Sorry still working on getting a good camera so you will need to put up with phone shots Cry

Right Side

Left Side

A few things in the tank.

I am also going to be updating my lighting very soon. 
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 8:58pm
I love all of this thread and it looks amazing!  In 1 of the above shots I see a ball valve that is turned off . Is that a brass fitting sticking out of it ?

kody72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kody72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 9:41pm
Looks like it's for water changes to hookup a garden hose
KODY72 FISHROOM BUILD
281g DT
187g Rimless Frag
ATI PM lighting
SRO DSCR-300ext
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2013 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Akira Akira wrote:

I love all of this thread and it looks amazing!  In 1 of the above shots I see a ball valve that is turned off . Is that a brass fitting sticking out of it ?

Yeah it was for water changes.  But I tried it one time and did not like using it seemed like more work.  I amd going to take the brass fitting out and use that link for a small frag tank when ever I get around to it. 
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 8:08pm
Just picked up a new Camera.  I got a Nikon D3200 and all I can say is what a cool camera and man do I have a lot to learn. 

This is the coolest pick that I have taken yet. 
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 8:08pm
yeah and I really do have white sand not blue. 
rize2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rize2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 8:57pm
Thats a great pic! I just got the 3100 and love it, but like you am trying to learn haha
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 9:39am
This was one of my favorite tanks on the tour.   Can't wait to see it a year from now. 
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:02pm
Trying out my new Nikon so though it would be a good time to add a few picture. I know I still have alot to learn but this is what i have so far.  Would love any advice

Mr.Gray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 10:02pm
i love the clownfish pic... Everything is looking good!
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2013 at 7:24pm
The tank had a few ups and downs going in to it's first year and running.  The ph problem has been taken care of and the ph will drop to 8.03 and will go up to 8.21 before lights out.  A lot of my corals are still recovering from the ph/salt or what ever the heck was driving the corals nuts.

So here are a few pictures to show you some of the happy corals and also so you can see how they are recovering. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic