Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lskurys 220 gallon Final update 4-6-15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote love2skiutah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2013 at 10:52pm
This is looking awesome. Can't wait to see the progress from the last time I saw it. 
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 9:35am
Picked up a new friend over the week end.  The bat fish is doing good and seeming to be happy. 

Edited by lskurys - October 07 2013 at 9:37am
220g , large elite aquatics sump. 3 Radion Pro Gen 3 lights 3 Mp 40's
kody72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kody72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 9:38am
He's awesome I've been wanting one forever
KODY72 FISHROOM BUILD
281g DT
187g Rimless Frag
ATI PM lighting
SRO DSCR-300ext
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 9:46am
A little video from my phone.  

Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 10:20am
Shelby the tank looks good. Looks like those AI Sol's have treated you good and the blue clove polyps not so much. :) lol
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 10:40am
That bat fish is BA!! Did you pick him up from Ryan?
Creating my own ocean
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 10:48am
Originally posted by tink tink wrote:

That bat fish is BA!! Did you pick him up from Ryan?
Yeah we did right after the meeting.  
tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 10:50am
Your tank is looking great!! Looks way different from when I was there last. Congrats on the bat fish
Creating my own ocean
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Krazie4Acans Krazie4Acans wrote:

Shelby the tank looks good. Looks like those AI Sol's have treated you good and the blue clove polyps not so much. :) lol

I upgraded to a DIY led setup about 4 Months ago.  So would you like some Blue clovers? I could hook you up!!!
DMower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DMower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 11:41am
Nice looking fish!
150 gal reef with 50 gal sump. Reef Octopus DCS-200 Skimmer. AI Sol Blues.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by lskurys lskurys wrote:

I upgraded to a DIY led setup about 4 Months ago.  So would you like some Blue clovers? I could hook you up!!!

Did Bill do your new lights? I had a plug that came with some blue cloves but thankfully they do not like my tank and died before I transferred it to my display.

Personally I think you could supply everyone on the forum with a start of blue cloves! I like how your fighting them by putting corals on them that can fight back and win. Good strategy and much less work than scrubbing rock. lol Good luck
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 11:55am

Did Bill do your new lights? I had a plug that came with some blue cloves but thankfully they do not like my tank and died before I transferred it to my display.

Personally I think you could supply everyone on the forum with a start of blue cloves! I like how your fighting them by putting corals on them that can fight back and win. Good strategy and much less work than scrubbing rock. lol Good luck
I got the lights that Laird made to go over his 180 before it took it down.  The stupid blue clovers started out as one small frag.  I have them growing out on a shelf and put some Zoa's right in the middle of them.  I really liked the way they looked.  Then I started seeing them every were even on rocks in my sump?   The clovers in the sump do look pretty cool they are a very light teal color.  I did notice that my file fish is picking at them and I can see no reason to stop it from doing that LOL

Edited by lskurys - October 07 2013 at 11:56am
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 12:08pm
I believe that Bill built those lights for Laird. Great lights.

I hope he's hungry! Still love your tank and need to come see it again and talk controllers. :)
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 12:13pm
yeah Bill did and did come by some time.
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 2:37pm
That Bat looks even better than he did in the store!

Great find!

ClapClapClap
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by BobC63 BobC63 wrote:

That Bat looks even better than he did in the store!

Great find!

ClapClapClap

Yeah it is really nice looking.  I have been having a bit of a hard time getting it to eat.  It seemed to like squid the first night but I have not really seen it wanting to each much the last 2 day.  Cry
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 4:21pm
Beauty!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2014 at 11:42am
I though I would do a little update.   I finally found the cause of most of the problems that I was having in my tank.   So for the last 5 months the tank has been doing much better.   I have changed my lighting. and have added a few sticks to replace the ones that got killed by my very loving coral killing damsels.  

First Before and after.   I picked this up right before I found out it was the damsels that have been killing my sps.

Here is what it looked like last night

There was also this one that has had a really nice change. 

to this 

and a few tank shots

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2014 at 11:52am
What did you change your lighting to? Looks like things are really turning around in your tank! THat's great news. Krazie
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2014 at 12:16pm

What did you change your lighting to? Looks like things are really turning around in your tank! THat's great news. Krazie
I went with the Radion Pro Gen 3.   The tank only took 3 and I have them at about 70% and have been able to shut off my T5 lights.   The old lights were running at 95% and I still had the t5's running about 5 hours a day.  

It is crazy how much more I like me tank when I can look in to it and not seen lots of problems. LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic