Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Treating Brooklynella?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BubbleGuppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BubbleGuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Treating Brooklynella?!
    Posted: July 31 2012 at 10:57am
I need to know what is the best way to treat it. I believed at first i had Ich until I looked at my fish closer and found that it is Brooklynella. I have lost 4 fish in a week.  The remaining fish are in a QT already. 

I will be at the meeting Thursday but that is still two days away and I kind of need to know now. 
Jeni

72Gal Bowfront Mixed Reef
46gal Bowfront Mixed Reef
20gal mixed reef
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2012 at 11:16am
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2012 at 11:18am
BubbleGuppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BubbleGuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2012 at 11:21am
I'm sure my fish love me already with all the FW baths and dips. I think I know which little clown brought it into my tank. He has already died. Can I call that Karma? 

poor little fishy
Jeni

72Gal Bowfront Mixed Reef
46gal Bowfront Mixed Reef
20gal mixed reef
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2012 at 11:24am
Oh I'm sorry to hear that you lost him, and 3 others! Also, I have some Furan if you want to have some on hand in case there is some outbreak of ich after this. (weakened fish and immune systems = higher likelihood of ich outbreak)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic