Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

worm coral ID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CrimsRayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrimsRayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: worm coral ID
    Posted: August 07 2012 at 11:17am
So I've had this guy for about 4+ years and it is one of the few things that survived the crash so it must be fairly hardy.  It only opens at night now.  It used to open during the day when I fed my other non-photosynthetic corals, but stopped as the tank got worse.  It did have some die off as it used to cover a lot of the rock, but I'll take what I can.  Anyway someone was over the other day and wondered what it was and I either don't know or can't remember.  I call it my worm coral but I doubt that is what it is really called.  Anyone know what the "real" name is?  Also will it grow back now that it is in a much more stable tank?  Should I start feeding it again?

The pic is at night with flash.  (Sorry Powder Brown)  During the day the ends close and they are just little tubes as seen in a couple of the smaller ones.

"What we know from this hobby is too hard to share with the people who just want to look and not get wet." -Rioreefer

"The Puffer Girl"

Zoo freak :)

West Jordan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic