Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm Back.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm Back.
    Posted: August 18 2012 at 1:51pm
Many of you know me, and quite a few don't, but I've been going through an exciting adventure of upgrading.
Finally I'm up and running and I love the new look.
I lost quite a bit in the long ordeal and most is because of lack of attention, I admit.
When you think you are indestuctable, nature sets you straight.
But I'm glad to say that I love the new tank and will enjoy once again watching it grow.
The new tank is 335 gallons, 72x30 x36 high.

335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 1:53pm
Where are all the wrasses?? Looks amazing by the way!

Edited by bstuver - August 18 2012 at 1:53pm
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 2:13pm
Welcome back brad, good to have back up and running.....love your aquascape! I need to come over soon and check it out
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 2:45pm
Awesome news Brad!

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Quickness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quickness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by bstuver bstuver wrote:

maybe that is where nature set him straight? 
But the tank does look amazing. 
Molon Labe
Si vis pacem, para bellum
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 3:31pm
Wow looks amazing!! Very big
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 3:50pm

How exciting Brad.
     Where are all the fish in general? How did you get that monster frogspawn out?
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 4:07pm
Glad you are back, the height on that tank gives it an incredible look.  I love the aquascaping too!
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 5:54pm
Woohoo!
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 6:04pm
Love the non-wall aquascape!
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 10:27pm
You'll have it rebuilt in a heart beat my friend. New tank new excitement!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2012 at 11:49pm
Holy Moli, a 10% water change is nearly 35 gallons!  Great looking tank.  I am itching to get mine running, the vision (loosely defined) is a 4 X 4 X 2.5 cube. Saving the pennies now.  Low iron glass on the three display sides, no frame and build by Eric Davis of Aquarium Creations.  Now if I can just sell a couple of kids to raise some money.
February 4: Winter Banquet at the Living Planet Aquarium
Tickets: http://utahreefs.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=36
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 8:58am

Originally posted by DLindquist DLindquist wrote:

How exciting Brad.
     Where are all the fish in general? How did you get that monster frogspawn out?

All the fish are gone.Cry
Not because of the change, but I started losing them from a virus running rampid in my tank about a month after I was TOTM on Reef Central.  I;m thinking it was a curse put on me. Angry Just kidding.Shocked
I helplessly watched them drop  week after week and became pretty distraught with the whole hobby.
But I held on with the hope that the new tank would help me recapture the love I have always had for this obsession.

Then I had the disaster of the new tank bottom cracking after we had made the first transfer. We spent all day transferring all of my fish and coral out of the old tank and installing the new tank and then restocking it, when it had about 275 gallons in it with all the rock, coral and sand in it, the bottom cracked. Needless to say we had to tear it back down, and install the old tank again.  That was about a 12 hour day.

We rebuilt the new tank in my basement with Randy coming over many nights putting this beast back together.
But now I can say I'm back, and the passion is back also. Big smile
I'm really excited to slowly grow my new waterworld.
335G Reef
TOTM.

&
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 9:55am
Oh. And to answer you about my frogspawn colony.  It broke into pieces from its own weight. As the water was being drained, it fell into pieces.  I kept four larger colonies, but Mountain Shadows Marine has the rest for sale at 10 dollars a head.  The average colony is from 4 to 10 or more heads a piece.  They have sold about half of it, but if you want a very hardy frogspawn, now's your chance at a very good price. This is not the average small colony. The stems on them are about 6-8 inches tall.
335G Reef
TOTM.

&
troyholl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote troyholl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 9:56am
Brad, glad your back!!!
Troy Hollingsworth
Riverton, Utah

270 Gallon "Custom" Tank
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 10:06am
Hey brad i want some of the frogspawn...
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 10:06am
What a fighter Brad!
During our upgrade last year, we had a small 3-5G mishap across our hard wood floors. For an instant, I considered throwing in the towel. I've always wondered would would become of this hobby for me if I experienced a similar situation to you. You've been an inspiration to many of us and continue to do so. I credit your love and passion, and specifically your wrasse obsession, for a good portion of my own drive in this hobby. When you're ready for guests, I would be honored to stop by. Welcome back.

Edited by DLindquist - August 19 2012 at 10:08am
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 10:20am
Thanks Dave.  My door is open always to anyone that wants to stop by.
The pictures just dont give you the feel to how big this tank really is.Smile
335G Reef
TOTM.

&
Electro4112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electro4112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2012 at 9:13pm
Brad, thanks for the incredible deal on the 225G and the 335G leaves you speechless...amazing tank!!!!
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2012 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Electro4112 Electro4112 wrote:

Brad, thanks for the incredible deal on the 225G and the 335G leaves you speechless...amazing tank!!!!

You are very welcome.  I know you will have it looking amazing once again.
335G Reef
TOTM.

&
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic