Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello Everyone!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
scerbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scerbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello Everyone!
    Posted: August 19 2012 at 10:23pm

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jason, I run a Web Marketing department at a local startup by day, and I pretend to be a novice Aquarist by night.  I’ve helped several friends and family members with salt water projects in the past.  But now that my 2 year old is asking for a “Nemo” fish for her birthday I decided to dive in head first. 

A little over a week ago I got a gently used BioCube 14 from a relative and have begun the journey.  I added water, waited, added live sand, waited some more, and today I added the live rock. This brings us back around to waiting.  The longest wait of all.

Here is the tank as it stands currently.

Just added the LR | BioCube 14 | Scerbo

Just added the LR

I figured while the tank cycles I could take some time to do some research and ask questions.  Which brings me here.  I’ve followed these threads for a few years but have never had a reason to post until now.  So I ask, I’ve been doing quite a bit of research on everything from livestock options, filtration options, lighting upgrades, etc.  If anyone has any advice or beginner pointers let me know.  I’m currently thinking about the types of creatures to add to the tank.  I want things that stand out. But are still  fairly easy to take care of in the BioCube.  I like soft corals and was thinking about going with a pair of Clowns and a Goby/Shrimp pair (once again any advice is greatly welcomed).

And finally if any members have any corals that are getting out of hand that they want to frag keep me in mind. 

I look forward to getting more involved in the community and hanging out with all the cool people in the forums.  Please ask any questions, comment, and offer any advice you guys can.

Thanks again,

Scerbo  

Edited by scerbo - September 24 2012 at 9:42pm
Schmidty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schmidty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2012 at 11:13pm
Looks great and welcome.
larseb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larseb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2012 at 12:21am
Welcome to the addiction
scerbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scerbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2012 at 2:47pm
Thanks guys.  I'm glad to be a part of things finally.  I'll definitely be hanging out around here looking for advice and any good deals.  Also it's nice to see other tanks and get some good ideas, and chat with people that share my soon-to-be addiction.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic