Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PowerHead Placement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PowerHead Placement
    Posted: August 27 2012 at 5:07pm
Hey I was wondering what everyone's oppinion was when placeing powerheads? Is it better to angle them upward, downward, accross your tank? Is it better to place them low in the tank or high? Thanks for the help in answering this question.
A winner never quits, but gets poor in this hobby!

Innovative Marine 30L
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2012 at 5:37pm
I have (or had) one on one side of the tank closer to the front facin straight across and then one on the other side closer to the back and up higher than the other one also facing straight so it was a constant (not to strong) flow
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
Josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2012 at 5:44pm
Yeah right now I have one on the bottom left side towards the back of the tank, with a slight upward flow. And another one on the right side of the tank towards the top pointing the same way. So I was just wondering if I should re-position them another way.
A winner never quits, but gets poor in this hobby!

Innovative Marine 30L
96slowbra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 96slowbra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2012 at 6:00pm
different depths all pointing slightly upward
105 rimless
Molli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2012 at 9:35pm
I would just make sure you don't have any dead spots.  Depending on the coral you have, you may want lower flow in some areas of your tank (along with lower light).  So I think that planning what you want to have in your tank might be taken into account insofar as where you put your powerheads.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic