Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi! Im holly and Im already hooked!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
annieholly3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annieholly3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi! Im holly and Im already hooked!
    Posted: August 28 2012 at 1:22pm
Hello everyone, my name is holly and I just got started with a little help from a friend to start a tank.   This hobby is a new experience to me but I am already very excited.  I am sure I will be asking many questions and trying to find some LPS and softies. On Sunday I bought a 24 gallon cube that had been running and set it up in my room.  So far I have seen a few good hitchhikers (zoanthids, sponges) and one bad (aptasia).  But I read in the help section of your forum to inject him with vinegar and he turned to mush.

I hope to get to know you all a little better and hopefully gain some wisdom from you all.  I know starting with a smaller tank is more difficult but its what I can manage and I have a lot of help from a friend that has been in the hobby for years.

If anyone near Willard has some starter corals for cheap please PM me.  Also I need some sand.

saltyjarhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltyjarhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2012 at 1:52pm
Welcome to the forum. There is lots of good people on here and you should have no problems finding the stuff you need or want. I have always used Joe's Juice for aptasia, but I am considering getting a blue or green laser to zap them with.
Semper Fi
You can live for many causes, but you can only die for one. Pick that one very carfully.

Josh Giles
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2012 at 1:22am
Hi and welcome !!!! You will love the people here and there is a ton of great advice . There are many ways to do everything , pick what works for you and enjoy this obbsession > Tongue BTW I used lemon juice from a squeezable lemon and a syringe to kill the aptasia that came as hitch hicker to me . Good luck and ask many questions to all !!!!!
Nails12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nails12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2012 at 6:01am
Welcome to the best forum Ever!! I have always loved vinegar and shooting them with it.. But there are plenty methods... I live in north ogden area, and if you would like to come over and check out my 2 systems, almost 3,  you are more than welcome to. I could possibly frag out some cheap corals.. . Let me know! Goodluck!
This is more than a hobby; its a lifestyle.
1stupidpunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1stupidpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2012 at 8:40am

Welcome to the club! I'm not an expert but if you want to come look at my tank or if you need something i live in brigham. If you want some freebie starter corals i have some leathers and tons of xenia and mushrooms....

tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2012 at 3:22pm
Welcome!!!!! Always nice having new people, and yes, you will get addicted FAST (in a good way:). Its a great and super fun/awsome/interesting hobby.
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
seamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2012 at 11:52am
nice meeting you last night. hope those corals working out for you. need anything else give me a text.
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2012 at 11:59am
I dont know how i missed this thread! WELCOME HOLLY! And hope you enjoy the ride ! This is an awesome club to be part of and lots of help here! Dont hesitate to ask questions! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic