Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Dosing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Dosing?
    Posted: September 05 2012 at 4:22pm
So I know how smaller tanks chemistry can go up or down very easily bt should I be dosing my tank? I have read about it but cant find anything on smaller tanks. I have a couple corals, but should I dose? Honostly I am really not smart when It comes to dosing, but If someone could lead me right....

Edited by tfmreefs - September 05 2012 at 4:25pm
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
jmw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2012 at 6:48pm
Always keep
ALK 9-12dkh
CAL 350-500ppm
I use Bulk Reef Supply 2 part solution.
when you can stablize those two, half the battle is over then...
MAG 9-12ppm
Molli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2012 at 7:25pm
I have a Biocube 29 and haven't dosed at all.  I do weekly water changes, have lots of softies and a few LPS in there.  I use quality salt.
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2012 at 7:49pm
U need to test to see if u need to dose. Thats the only way to know.
wickedsnowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickedsnowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2012 at 7:51pm
Jmw is correct . It really just depends if you can keep up with cal alk and mag through water changes alone. Unless there is a ton of sps in there weekly water changes with quality salt should be suffice in a small tank. Every tank is.different and if you can keep those stable your golden :)
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2012 at 8:07pm
All right cool, that makes total sense. Thanks a bunch all of you, and sorry about the dumb question.
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic