Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snowflakes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snowflakes
    Posted: September 08 2012 at 10:20pm
regular ocellaris babies
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
sh2007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sh2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2012 at 7:01am

Wow, Congratulation. Is that your first batch snowfake eggs? What is your survive rate?

Edited by sh2007 - September 10 2012 at 7:04am
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2012 at 9:06am
That's awesome!! Are those the ones you got from me? Any others spawning? Yahooo this is great news!
Pam

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

fdc_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fdc_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2012 at 9:17am
Oh nice! Soo cute..we will be buying a pair of Clowns for our 36 gallon bowfront or moving our maroons to the bowfront and putting them in our 55 gallon....If you wanna sell a pair let me know what you want for them :)
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2012 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by ptronsp ptronsp wrote:

That's awesome!! Are those the ones you got from me? Any others spawning? Yahooo this is great news!
Pam
Pam, they are ones I got from ORA 2.5 years ago I had just about give up on them. The regular ocellaris pair that I got from you spawned last week and the snowflakes are cleaning like mad they should lay any day. The darwin/ocellaris pair is in my sons tank doing great. The Darwin and Picasso pairs I haven't pushed (no time in the summer) but will put a tile in with them and start feeding them heavy in the next few weeks.  
Shaun
American Fork
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2012 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by fdc_guy fdc_guy wrote:

Oh nice! Soo cute..we will be buying a pair of Clowns for our 36 gallon bowfront or moving our maroons to the bowfront and putting them in our 55 gallon....If you wanna sell a pair let me know what you want for them :)
I sell them for $10 each ($20 pair). They need another 2 or 3 weeks before they are big enough to go to new homes. They are sooo cute! Let me know.   
Shaun
American Fork
fdc_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fdc_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2012 at 8:28pm
I would love a pair of the snowflakes. I will take a pair when they are ready and I think I'll keep them alone for a while in the bowfront.
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2012 at 9:54pm
That's awesome!!!

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2012 at 10:11pm
All I have right now is regular looking babies. It is my ocellaris that are  $10 each or $20 for a pair. I'm out of snowflake babies right now.
Sorry, if my post was misleading.  (pic. above is ocelleris babies.)

Shaun
American Fork
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2012 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by sh2007 sh2007 wrote:

Wow, Congratulation. Is that your first batch snowfake eggs? What is your survive rate?

Thanks, It is the first batch of eggs for that pair. Survival rate varies from each pair, how much time I have, rotifer cultures, etc.  
Shaun
American Fork
fdc_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fdc_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2012 at 10:23pm
Oh ok thats what i figured, if you end up with some snowflake babies what would you want for a pair of those?
sh2007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sh2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2012 at 7:16am
any update on the snowflake baby?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic