Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T5 vs T5 HO Bulbs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Molli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T5 vs T5 HO Bulbs
    Posted: September 10 2012 at 12:56pm
Now that some of you have suggested some colors for my T5 HO light fixture, I have gone online to try to order some.  I tried one of the supply places that has been mentioned on the boards, and some of the ATI T5 bulbs say they are high output bulbs, while others do not.  For example, either the Blue Plus or the Aquablue Special (don't remember which one) does not say "high output" in the description.  I called the internet supplier and they tried to tell me there isn't a difference.  Now .. from what I read there is a difference between T5 and T5 HO.  Don't I want to buy T5 HO bulbs for this fixture so that I can get the most bang for my bucks?
1973Ford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1973Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2012 at 2:07pm
Yeah I believe the high out put bulbs are 54 watts and the regular t5 are 34 watts.
bur01014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bur01014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2012 at 2:16pm
they don't make an ATI blue plus that isn't high output
bur01014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bur01014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2012 at 2:19pm
oh and the best place to order online is reefgeek.com....best prices, cheapest shipping, and they keep bulb handling fees to a minimum....however, why pay for shipping when you can go over to Reef On and pick up your bulbs in store?  They have many ATI bulbs there.

Good luck

Edited by bur01014 - September 10 2012 at 2:19pm
Molli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2012 at 2:27pm
I try to buy locally when I can, but I don't know what the LFS stores stock and definitely don't want to drive all over the place trying to find what I want.  Maybe I'll give them a call and see if they have what I am looking for.  Thanks for the info about reefgeek .. it was bulk reef that gave me the eroneous info (telling me there was no difference in T5 v T5 HO bulbs).
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2012 at 2:32pm
Moli,

Most of the LFS will match online prices.  So you should ask them about it when you call.  I Run AI on my tank and I am not sure about Birdworld but I know Bill Davis (Saltwater Paradis) in Ogden has many colors of the 48" bulb in.  Also Reef On has them and will match on line prices.  I think it is about the same drive north or south? 

Good luck.
220g , large elite aquatics sump. 3 Radion Pro Gen 3 lights 3 Mp 40's
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic