Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

46 upgrade to 90

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
willrileyiv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2012 at 2:12pm
its up and going already. the drain works fine. the return pump is actually alittle louder then i thought but maybe its just me
11 year old tomato clown named cherry

2 gal, 30 gal, 32 gal, 65 gal and 210 gal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2012 at 4:04pm
Ok so a few days ago an algae bloom started so almost ready for the move. Just have to drop the salt level a hair and get one more led fixture to replace the one that shocked the hell out of me lol and I should be good

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2012 at 4:06pm
Btw I added some ivory tube coral.just so its not so depressing in the tank and man they are open more under the leds then I've ever seen. Also glow neon orange under actinics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2012 at 6:36pm
Added a CUC and a watermelon mushroom. Got the algae taken care of and ordering thw new led light soon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2012 at 6:31am

So I'm ordering the light Friday. Been super busy and haven't had a chance. I also added all my palys to the 90 and man they glow under the actinics. Picking up more coral Friday and they will go in my 46 til next week when I do the big move. My mother in law is more excited then I am I think lol. Hope people still follow. When I do the move I plan on posting pics of all my coral and it will be a long list. 73 diff corals will be in my 90 gallon along with 6-7 fish.

Cody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2012 at 6:16pm
I would have painted or vinyls the back before setting up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2012 at 6:43pm
Thought about it. Honestly did but.family.and I wanted.it.up and going to get my 46 out.of.the.bedroom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2012 at 7:13am
some stuff in there already. turned the blues off to take the pics but the colors are way more vibraint in person. and camera is alittle fuzzy because i just realized i forgot to put my phone on macro....oh and its with a camera phone lol
eagle eyes
green birdsnest
green ric, unknown green with yellow/light green skirt and some neon palys
nightmare zoas
pink and golds
radioactive dragons eye
recovering blasto i recieved in trade. it actually looks alot better then when i got it
sunset zoas
unknown green/green skirt zoas
unknown mint palys
unknown orange zoa
unknown green/grey palys
unknown red zoa
brown buttons

Edited by willrileyiv - October 11 2012 at 7:19am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2012 at 12:26pm
Added thhiss little guyy today

Electro4112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electro4112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2012 at 12:40pm
Nice ....
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2012 at 1:02pm
Nice! Love the lionfish! My dwarf lion is one of only three fish in my tank right now. I've had him now for two years. Great little fish.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2012 at 1:54pm
ill have a total of 7 fish.
jwoo-does your dwarf go after your shrimp at all?

jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2012 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by willrileyiv willrileyiv wrote:

ill have a total of 7 fish.
jwoo-does your dwarf go after your shrimp at all?

I don't have any shrimp in my tank right now, however I did have a big cleaner when I got him. He never went after the cleaner. They lived together for almost two full years before the cleaner died of natural causes (naturally because I switched tanks up and didn't acclimate him properly . . .)

A few notes though - I had the shrimp before I got the dwarf lion. The shrimp was easily twice the size of the lion so the lion couldn't eat him if he wanted too. Because the Lion was young the shrimp and the lion were able to establish the beneficial relationship of cleaner and host.

If the Lion had been full grown I don't think I would have done it though as he would have easily been able to eat the shrimp without the shrimp establishing it's self as beneficial.

Awesome thing: The shrimp would stick it's head into the lions mouth often when cleaning him and the lion would just sit there with the shrimp half inside him. Would really freak people out.   
None at the moment

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2012 at 3:01pm
That's awesome! My two cleaners are larger then him tight.now but he is in my 90 and all my stugf co
es down next Friday but he has already eaten a guppy.I tossed in for him. It was so cool watching him stalk it

jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2012 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by willrileyiv willrileyiv wrote:

That's awesome! My two cleaners are larger then him tight.now but he is in my 90 and all my stugf co
es down next Friday but he has already eaten a guppy.I tossed in for him. It was so cool watching him stalk it

I'd avoid guppies at all cost. They are super fatty and have been know to cause gut blockage and fatty build up which will kill the fish pretty fast. If you haven't got him on frozen yet I suggest getting ghost shrimp and "gut loading" them on good food. When mine was being stubborn I'd feed the ghost shrimp mysis, nori, brine and gut load them about five minutes before feeding them to the lion fish. Even this method while providing nutrients through the gut loading isn't really that great because nutritionally he won't be getting much. Try to get him on frozen asap. Many people have lions die because they don't get them onto frozen and thus they die of a nutritional deficit.

Also while on the subject when they do eat frozen make sure you give them a variety of frozen. I feed mine silversides, squid chunks, shrimp etc. Avoid krill as it will give them lockjaw.
None at the moment

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2012 at 7:58am
i will remember that. thanks for the info. my fiancee loves the little guy but i told her if it starts showing interest in any of my shrimp or anything it will be back on the market.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2012 at 12:29pm
Black Sun Coral
Gobbstopper
Fire & IceYellow polypCaptain America

Edited by willrileyiv - October 12 2012 at 12:35pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2012 at 5:52am
So yesterday while I was at work my 46 cracked and drained all but less thrn a quarter. Water out! But my fiancée saved. Everything and ill post pics of the 90 once I situate everything

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2012 at 5:30am
So still waiting onn the light. I got ahold of the.company and saud they get them in today which is disappointing since it was ordered on sat I figured it'd be shipped Monday. Ill take a lot if pics once I get everything up and where I want it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2012 at 9:51am
Here's a recent pic. Going to grow.everything out now
still waiting on the second led light whic us disappointing due to the fact I was suppised ti get them today by what the site said but customer service said not.til next Monday or Tuesday.
Had to put.my pc on til the ither light comes because my nem wasn't to happy but now it's just the waiting game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic