Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Acans not inflating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acans not inflating
    Posted: September 19 2012 at 6:52pm
I have a 7 head frag that yesterday stopped inflating. Is this normal for a couple days? I have another colony that is fine. Nothing has changed with the tank.
Molli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2012 at 7:01pm
I have one acan that does that now and then.  I'm not sure why it does it. But within a day or two it fully inflates again!  I need to pay more attention and see if if does that after I've fed the corals.
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2012 at 7:10pm
Acans are weird little creatures. They are temperamental, in the since that you can change nothing and they can just start to recede. What I have found out is they love mag and hate when your alk is off too....
Nails12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nails12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2012 at 7:19pm
Yeah if my Alk isnt just right, it will be flat. Its been flat for like 4 months but still growing new heads quite frequently.
This is more than a hobby; its a lifestyle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic