Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mac's 300 gallon buildout

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
bmac2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmac2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2013 at 9:28am
total freak stupid accident.  Had a heat lamp hanging over the tank keeping the silicone warm while curing.  Was to put water in it the next day.  Lamp fell, landed on the bottom, didn't break with fall, but got the 1/2 inch glass so hot it exploded.  No one's fault but my own.
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2013 at 11:29am
It was pretty crazy looking, I have never seen anything like it.

Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

Jeepkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeepkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2013 at 12:17pm
dang that sucks man. i can only imagine how mad you were. i woulda lost it lol
Brian.

"It's a Jeep thing!"
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 5:41pm
It is looking sweet now
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 5:59pm
Oh wow! That had to suck. I would love to see pics of what it looks like now:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 6:54pm
Yes, me to. I am excited to see how it all turns out and looks in the end (or begining:) Thats a pretty big tank! When i seen the 97 gallon sump I thought "that did not look 97 gallons..." but realized how you said its in the stand of a 300 gallon aquarium, so its probably going to look small!Thumbs Up Good job
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
bmac2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmac2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 7:03pm

forgive the ugly towels draped from the lights.  The brightness of all the LED lights hurts my wife's eyes.  she is very sensitive to bright lights.  all the fish are in and doing well, tank is very quiet.  The loudest thing on the entire tank is the pump inside the skimmer.  There is NO water flow sound at all.

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 7:07pm
Nice! I only wish I could say my tank were silent, mine is driving me crazy because I hate hearing them but the way the guy did the holes in the overflow and return its so annoying noise wise.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
bmac2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmac2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 7:20pm
here is some of the inhabatants we have.  We lost our brittle star Houdini in all the moving stuff.  I think he may have reached the end of his expected life, I read they only live a couple of years.

First is the newest inhabitant, my wife's newest favorite because he eats worms and aptasia. Our copperband butterfly fish.  Got him from Rusty at Live Rock n Reef last night.  He has it eating brine shrimp so hopefully we can keep it alive and fed.

next is two of the clown fish in one of the three anemones.

next is not a good picture, he moves way too much, but a mcrory's flasher wrasse.  The one that was for sale on the board a couple of days ago.  very small, but very active and happy acting.

next is my ancient fire shrimp.  Red was one of the first things we bought and he has survived crashes, moves, rock slides, and he is still here!!  Also you can see my flame angel in the background.  This pic is very murky looking but the tank is crystal clear.

next is

Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 7:28pm
Looking awesome!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Bryce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 7:59pm
Looks awesome Mac! Glad to see it with water in it. What happened to your Niger Trigger and other fish?
65g Reef
bmac2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmac2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 8:17pm
there are a few more fish I haven't got pics of.  The triggers died, as my 18 year old daughter says, sad day.

I still have my yellow Coris Wrasse, he has been there since the beginning.  I have a Melanarus Wrasse, my Villimingi (Unicorn) Tang, 3 clown fish, 3 Chromis, a fairy wrasse, a Hawaiin Foxface Rabbit Fish, in addition to the copperband butterfly, Flasher Wrasse, and Flame Angel.

tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 9:12pm
Wow, really does look great!
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
ch3tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ch3tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 10:32pm
Looking very nice! Il glad the flasher wrasse got a nice big new home!
Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL
bmac2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmac2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2013 at 2:18pm
at first he seemed real shy and unsure.  He is the smallest thing in the tank, so he was very very cautious.  NOW he hangs out in the front like he owns the place.  NOT sure he has even made it to the right side of the tank.  He stays on the left almost exclusively.
ch3tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ch3tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2013 at 8:06pm
any updates? hows the tank doing?
Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL
bmac2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmac2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2013 at 5:53pm
OK, I haven't posted in a while.  Tank is fine, had some issues with corals not living, an parameters all over the map.  I just took the rock apart and out and replaced ALL the sand in the display part of the tank.  Did that a few weeks ago, now I have one lone zoa in there I bought as a test frag to see if things are more normal now.  The parameters when testing seem a LOT more normal.    Will post some pics tonight of what we have.

Livestock
coral beauty angel
2 blue jaw triggers (male and female)
1 chromis  (last one left, I need to get a few more, I like them no matter how much you fish snobs bash them)
1 huge villimingi tang (one huge eating machine!!)
1 yellow tang
1 sailfin tang
1 fairy wrasse
1 diamond goby
1 blue spot jawfish ( he is like 5 inches long now, huge and fat!!!)
2 threadfin anthiasis
1 square side anthiasis
1 huge foxface rabbit fish
1 orange spot ( or yellow spotted) rabbitfish

and my one lone no name zoa with orange centers, green skirts.

bmac2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmac2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2013 at 5:57pm
oh and I forgot, I have this rock with green like fingers off of it.  NO idea what kind of coral it is, but it has survived EVERYTHING for over 2 years.  Crazy strong coral!!!
bmac2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmac2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2013 at 6:15pm
was taking pics and realized I forgot 3 children

bangii cardinal
pajama cardinal
cleaner shrimp

bmac2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmac2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2013 at 10:41pm
Thanks to Bob I just added a few odd pieces of grape monti and a piece of "grass" to the tank.  We will see how they do over the next week or so.  Pics will come tomorrow, boy scouts with my 9 year old prevented me from doing the pics.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic