Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 75 gal custom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 3:35am
Love the dimensions of that tank, good job
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
JohnnyHeavens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 8:23am
Looks great! Nice work on all that DIY.
@Home
300g System 150g-Cube Reef+60g Frag+WaterChange
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
txt anytime @ eightO1-seven5five-eighteen99
Scuba! PADI Pro DM/AI/TecDeep
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
Luv68tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luv68tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 10:20pm
Wow what a beautiful tank! Can you take some full tank shots of both the tank and under? Nice job!
~Michelle
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 11:20pm
Nice Kurt! Love the tank:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2013 at 5:02am
Here is a horrible full shot . Not sure what you meant by under ? And thanks to all who commented!

Roy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2013 at 6:28am
Are you using check valves on your returns? Looks like it could drain half the water if the power went out?

90 gal Corner with / 200 gal sump.

Pete Moss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2013 at 8:21am
That is a sexy tank!
Luv68tiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luv68tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2013 at 10:06am
Gorgeous, I just meant the sump-n-stuff in action. I know I'm strange :) like the guts and plumbing.
~Michelle
Elite-Aquatics View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elite-Aquatics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2013 at 11:38am
Looks good man. See I told ya building your own tank isn't that difficult
Premium aquarium filtration!
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2013 at 2:20am
Originally posted by Luv68tiger Luv68tiger wrote:

Gorgeous, I just meant the sump-n-stuff in action. I know I'm strange :) like the guts and plumbing.
If look on the first page there is a pic of skimmer etc. That is all there is , other than a reef flow dart behind the sump that runs my closed loop.
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2013 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Roy Roy wrote:

Are you using check valves on your returns? Looks like it could drain half the water if the power went out?

If you  look close at the toip center of the tank there is a center external overflow , it contains my return line and 2 1" drains set up in a herbie. The pipes you see in the pic are for my closed loop . When you shut off all pumps I only lose about 1" of water from my display to the sump . No chance of over flow or syphon to the sump . Wink

Edited by Akira - January 27 2013 at 2:24am
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2013 at 2:26am
Thanks Tyler ! And thanks for all your advice , woulnt have attempted it without all your great knowledge!
Dionysus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dionysus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2013 at 2:33am
Your not messing around its getting packed since I last saw it. Looks great!
AquaMedic 250 Watt XM 20k
2 420s Vhos
29 DT SPS Dominant
20 G Long Frag

My Tank Progress =)
grassfairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grassfairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2013 at 9:01am
Had the opportunity to see this Amazing DIY tank in person today, Wow, wow, WOW!! Im in love with every
single part of it. From plumbing to the beautiful aquascape, to AI Vega, love it all Kurt,
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2013 at 1:52am
Thanks Carlos. Was good  to meet you again as I'm sure you dont remember the first time I came to your house. If you need anything else let me know .
grassfairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grassfairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2013 at 5:24pm
Kurt, your tank made me rethink what I want to do with my new setup. I do remember you, I gave you sand and your daughter came with you, right?
80cent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 10:18am
Killer tank, Kurt. Thanks again for all of your help. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic