Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12 Gallon JBJ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2013 at 12:48pm
thanks Mike. yeah I've always had weird luck with fish. this is the 2nd firefish that has "disappeared" completely. I had one back when I had my 40 breeder a few years ago that disappeared and I was never able to find any traces of it.

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2014 at 4:33pm
Today I moved the tank to where we are staying temporarily and I'm happy to say it went pretty smoothly. I feel like I've gotten the tank moving thing down pretty good. Will post some updated pics as soon as it clears up.

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2014 at 4:35pm
Good to hear:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 9:10am

It didnt take long at all for it to clear up. not 100% yet but I'd say its looking pretty good.

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 2:42pm
Nice! Always good when they move well:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by bstuver bstuver wrote:

amen to that. I feel like its always a gamble but so far everything looks good. This is one of the biggest reasons I love nanos, they are so much easier to move

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by ksmart ksmart wrote:

Originally posted by bstuver bstuver wrote:

amen to that. I feel like its always a gamble but so far everything looks good. This is one of the biggest reasons I love nanos, they are so much easier to move

I agree:) Glad to hear it's still looking good!
Jackie Stuver

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2014 at 6:31pm
That's looking good Kyle!

Firefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2014 at 2:48am
If you have a fish come up missing again, I would check the back chamber really well. I have had several fish come up missing and they were always back there. Something spooks them and they jump into the back. Also make sure that your pump has something so that they don't get sucked in. I have a maxi-jet 600 and I use one of the attachments that came with it to keep them from being sucked in.

The tank looks great!
5 gal fluval spec v http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65727&KW=&PID=531710&title=my-new-little-one#531710 12 gallon jbj nanocube reef Stansbury Park (Tooele Area)
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2014 at 8:23pm
Thanks guys!   Yes I've had fish end up in the back chambers too. That's the first place I look after I make sure they aren't in the display. What I think happened is that the firefish probably died and the starfish I had in the tank took care of it. I had 2 juvenile clownfish I had gotten and one had died and the starfish consumed it pretty quickly so that's what I think happened to the firefish. For the past few months I've just had the cardinal fish and I'll probably keep it that way on this tank.

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2014 at 6:35pm

A little bit of a tease but this is my buddies tank we are setting up in the office. We were going to wait because our company is moving buildings later this year but I moved residences and needed him to take his tank and he decided he didnt want to wait

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2014 at 6:37pm
Its a Nuvo 16 that I picked up off here a few months back and got a killer deal on. I'm kinda jealous except I get to live vicariously through this tank and plus im the one setting it up and maintaining it he is just paying for it hehehe.

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2014 at 11:08am
here it is today with the water cleared up some

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 10:16am
Jackie inspired me to post some pics of my plates. this was my plate last year. It started dying on me I think due to low magnesium.

Here it is now.

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 10:19am

FishnFriendz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishnFriendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 11:49am
Wow..it looks so sweet.  May I ask what is your dosing schedule and amount please Smile
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 3:21pm
Wow nice! Tank is looking good by the way!
Jackie Stuver

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2014 at 9:49pm
thanks!

and I dose Coralvite 1ml once a week. thats it. before I moved I was doing weekly 1 gal water changes but I've cut back on those. to probably once a month. I also change my AC once a month.

FishnFriendz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishnFriendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2014 at 12:21pm
Thanks for sharing.  Love to see more update in the future Smile
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2014 at 2:39pm

Nice little FTS after some Sunday cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic