Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coral Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fishyman19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishyman19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coral Question
    Posted: November 09 2012 at 2:59pm
So I've been digging into this forum a ton and have noticed that everyone seems to be really good friends and share corals with each other and trading corals and selling and buying. After looking at all the awesome picks of some of the corals aquirred in such a way, I was wondering how I can get in on this!? lol

There is a lot of unique and cool coral pieces that I have never seen before in some of the stores and would love to learn how I could get some. Whether through trades or buying oh however. So if someone could let me know that would be great.

Thanks to all
90 Gallon mixed reef. Wife's 12 gallon nano cube mixed reef!
Mr.Gray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2012 at 3:01pm
I would recommend watching the classifieds section on this forum. You can find a lot of great stuff. Plus there are some great stores in the area that regularly have some unique stuff.
ReefKeeper78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefKeeper78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2012 at 3:16pm
I would be game for trading or if we could find something cool at a fish store maybe spitting a colony or what ever it may be.  Curious what you are looking for, you live semi close to me so...
180Gal Reef with 576 Watts of LED's
16Gal Innovative Marine Nano LED lit
150 Gal Frag tank with MH
PADI Dive certified sure love that ocean..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishyman19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2012 at 3:20pm
Reefkeeper78 I'm looking for anything that is out of the normal stretch of coral. I would love to get my hands on some of the acros that I've seen on this site. I also would love to get some more Chalices..I haven't seen many around the shops here that aren't 100 bucks or more for a small piece. I would be down for trading or splitting costs. Send me a pm sometime or shoot me a text and maybe we can take a day and go visit some places. 801-735-2128
Molli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2012 at 4:06pm
I'd suggest doing a couple of things.

Watch the boards and keep track of the corals you are interested in and the prices people are asking -- you will find prices all over the place.

Make a list of corals you may want to purchase and post about something you are looking for and stick to what you are willing to pay.

Don't worry about missing out on something .. you will see on a daily basis corals up for sale and your chance will come!

If you have cash, when people are trying to part out of the hobby cash is often the only thing they are looking for. 

Do NOT assume the corals you trade for as pest free.  Numerous people on the boards will tell you that getting rid of pests are the buyer's responsibility.  Don't forget that.  Check out the corals you are acquiring for pests and know what do with them to get rid of pests that may be coming along with them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishyman19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2012 at 4:20pm
Sweet, thanks for the advice Molli, I will do that for sure.
tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2012 at 6:23pm
Hey, yeah,  every one summed it up, but yeah, just watch for ones you see and like, and check the aqauriums classifieds and there is ALWAYS some coral or antoher for saleThumbs Up
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
ReefKeeper78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefKeeper78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2012 at 6:28pm
I have a couple acro's that I am sure no one else has and a few small frags of the common ones that need a grow out, but we should do some scouting at LFS's my number is 480-600-5334, I am pretty busy though next Thursday but am off for 7 days after that so not sure what your schedule is like.  Will send you a pic of the couple that can be fragged to see if your interested in trading.
180Gal Reef with 576 Watts of LED's
16Gal Innovative Marine Nano LED lit
150 Gal Frag tank with MH
PADI Dive certified sure love that ocean..
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 11:16am
Originally posted by fishyman19 fishyman19 wrote:

Reefkeeper78 I'm looking for anything that is out of the normal stretch of coral. I would love to get my hands on some of the acros that I've seen on this site. I also would love to get some more Chalices..I haven't seen many around the shops here that aren't 100 bucks or more for a small piece. I would be down for trading or splitting costs. Send me a pm sometime or shoot me a text and maybe we can take a day and go visit some places. 801-735-2128

I have a Cotton Candy and a Miami Hurricane I would be willing to part with. I also have many acro colonies I have been hoarding (as I don't like fragging these beauties). However, it is time to trim some back. I am in Lehi. Let me know if you would like to swing by sometime. 
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2012 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by fishyman19 fishyman19 wrote:

So I've been digging into this forum a ton and have noticed that everyone seems to be really good friends and share corals with each other and trading corals and selling and buying. After looking at all the awesome picks of some of the corals aquirred in such a way, I was wondering how I can get in on this!? lol

There is a lot of unique and cool coral pieces that I have never seen before in some of the stores and would love to learn how I could get some. Whether through trades or buying oh however. So if someone could let me know that would be great.

Thanks to all

A great way to get in on it is don't miss the January meeting. Rumour has it that it will be a Frag Fest!

sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2012 at 12:26am
I also have lots of acro colonies I need to trim back.
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
willrileyiv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willrileyiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2012 at 5:20am
You could also post in the classifieds what you're looking for and see if anyone has some
11 year old tomato clown named cherry

2 gal, 30 gal, 32 gal, 65 gal and 210 gal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic