Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A More Detailed Introduction!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Scotta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A More Detailed Introduction!
    Posted: December 25 2012 at 6:09pm
Hi Folks! Wanted to introduce myself in a bit more detail, and because I like pictures I thought I'd include a few of my modest setup. First I'll share a little information that should lend a bit of insight on who I am. I'm a late 20's father (my first child- a boy- is 2 weeks and 2 days old)! I love TECH! I am nearly ready to test and calibrate my first 3d printer build. I also love RC aircraft. I have a quad-copter and RC glider that I plan on flying FPV once time and money permit.

I also play lots of boardgames and videogames!

Below is my Biocube 29. Stock list includes a b/w clownfish and a yellow clown goby, a fire shrimp, peppermint shrimp, RBTA (for which my clownfish cares very little), and a handfull of snails.

My corals include the softies that I started with (Pulsing Xenia, some zoa's, and some shrooms), and a little LPS (my cheapie learning-chalice that is a light tan with green polyps, and a frogspawn).

As you can see, it's pretty barren! I intend to pick up at least one more interesting coral at the next frag-swap. For my next purchase I'm thinking maybe a more attractive chalice. I would also LOVE a fungia before too long. Don't know why I just really think they're fun!

The lighting is from rapidled, 12 cw and 12 rb cree's. I also run a tunze nano doc skimmer with the intank collection cup, and the intank media basket running gfo. I still have some issues with cyano, even though phosphates test at 0. It's mostly on the rocks and sandbed, so I figured I had some flow/debris settling issues and threw on a loc-line return nozzle and put in a new tunze PH.

I don't yet supplement because I do 20%/wk w.c. and things seem happy, but down the road I am thinking kalk ato. My alk stays on the low side, calcium around 400, Mg around 1200 with just the IO salt mix.

Thanks for taking the time to get to know a little about me! I look forward to becoming acquainted with some of you soon!

Scott

"No wet no fun!" - A genuine Jamaican in Jamaica
Scotta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2012 at 6:49pm
I think my Chalice is a "Hollywood Stunner".

P.S. My Fire Shrimp is named "Sgt. Pepper", My RBTA is named "Sticky", and my Pep. Shrimp is named "Sh** Head" (Because he steals food from my corals and RBTA every chance he has).

The Clownfish and Clown Goby don't have names yet.

I also have an emerald crab named "Gumby" that I forgot to mention in my stock-list.
Scott

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2012 at 9:59am
Great shot of the Clown Goby!

Scotta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2012 at 1:09pm
Thanks, Mike!
Scott

tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2012 at 5:05pm
It looks great, and welcome! Also - thats the name of my shrimp too:) Sometimes i think i just fry him up! just kidding, but welcome! There are alot of cool people to meet on the board
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
Scotta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2012 at 8:48pm
Thanks TFM... lol I have wondered if he's worth keeping around on more than one occasion, especially now that all of my Aiptasia seem to be gone.  I appreciate the welcome Smile
Scott

JohnnyHeavens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2013 at 7:14am
Clown goby is great and congratz on the newish man cub!!!
@Home
300g System 150g-Cube Reef+60g Frag+WaterChange
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
txt anytime @ eightO1-seven5five-eighteen99
Scuba! PADI Pro DM/AI/TecDeep
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
ClownFishAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2013 at 8:27am
Welcome, Great pics of the goby and tank. 
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2013 at 5:41am
Looking good! Congrats on being a dad! Glad to have you here.
What?! You pooped in the refrigerator, and ate the entire wheel of cheese?! I'm not even mad.... That's actually amazing!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic