Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to get my clowns to mate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wbtt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get my clowns to mate
    Posted: December 29 2012 at 7:10am
Hello all, I want to get into clown fish breeding system. I bought two clowns from two different sellers just over a week ago. One is platinum white about 3+ inches and the other is snowflake about 2+ inches, both unknown gender. I introduced them into my 34D Redsea. At first they fight very little and now they not fight at all but they both swim about six to eight inches apart. At night they seem to stay together and twitch.

Is there a way to help them mate sooner?
How to tell which one is male or female?

Your idea and suggestion is appreciated

Thanks
Thuan
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2012 at 9:54am
Feed them about 6 times per day.  Heavily increase your filtration.  Give them two years.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
wbtt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2012 at 12:38pm
Thank you for your response Adam. wow about two years of waiting for them to breed that is long time. I better looking to buy a laying pair now.

Anyone that has a good laying pair of snowflake or blackice wants to sale, please let me know.

Edited by wbtt - December 29 2012 at 12:59pm
Jeffs_little_ocean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffs_little_ocean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2012 at 12:54pm
The female is the bigger one that is kinda moody and usually bossing the smaller one around LOL
Life is good....right?
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2012 at 4:44pm
That is soooo true.

Also, you can buy proven pairs of laying clowns.  I have friends that always have them for sale.  Not sure about snowflake or black ice but I can check.

Adam
builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2012 at 4:53pm
Dose Vodka. LOL Ahh... come on that was Funny.
It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
beege29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beege29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2012 at 5:11pm
+1 Paul...that IS funny
wbtt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2012 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

That is soooo true.

Also, you can buy proven pairs of laying clowns.  I have friends that always have them for sale.  Not sure about snowflake or black ice but I can check.

Adam
  Adam, please find out for me if he has any quality of proven pairs. Thanks
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2012 at 9:34pm
He does have proven pairs for sale, I'm sure of it.  But I don't know if they are Wyoming Whites, or Picasso's, or what he has.  And to be honest I have no idea on the cost.  I'll find out soon... but with the holiday I wonder if he's around.  He may not be in the office until the end of the week.

Adam
wbtt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2012 at 10:34pm
Thanks Adam, I am not in a hurry so when you find out and let me know.
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 7:26am
He has boned pairs cheaper, but for actual proven laying pairs he has...
Orange ocellaris laying pair $300
Mocha laying pair $300

Adam
wbtt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

He has boned pairs cheaper, but for actual proven laying pairs he has...
Orange ocellaris laying pair $300
Mocha laying pair $300

Adam
Please has him text pictures to me. PM sent
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic