5 [5.95%]
4 [4.76%]
14 [16.67%]
4 [4.76%]
17 [20.24%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Picture of The Year
    Posted: January 04 2013 at 11:49am
Well its that time. Below are the POTM from each month in 2012. Vote on your favorite picture. Winner will be awarded with something awesome.... hint it has to do with next months meeting. 

These are amazing so lets get the vote on! Voting will only go for a week or 2. 

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L
Bryce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 12:19pm
What is the tree looking coral in picture C? Awesome.
65g Reef
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 12:36pm
You are looking at an amazing Gorgonian
BrentD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrentD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2013 at 1:36pm
L
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2013 at 9:02pm
This is going to be close! 
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2013 at 1:01am
Vote for Brad's Pictures.  They are real works of art. 
Defending Reefscape Champion (I Think)
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2013 at 10:22am
Holy crap.... telling people not to vote for your picture?!?!?! 

This is crazy close! Love it! 

Pete Moss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2013 at 10:47am
They're all amazing corals, but the picture with the Gorgonian is stunning. Everything from the lone clownfish to the zoanthid colonies make this picture pop.
JohnnyHeavens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2013 at 11:13am
Great pictures everyone!
Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2013 at 2:31pm
It's great to see a pic of my powder blue again. It sadly died a few months ago durring a bad ick epidemic in my tank.

Rest in piece my little friend, the new powder blue doesn't hold a candle to your friendly and funny personality.

Micah

Edited by Sculpin - January 07 2013 at 2:32pm
225 Reef (not really mine but i act like it is)

29 Biocube

My Whole House System Build
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2013 at 5:22pm
Picture C is freaking awesome and breathtaking, but picture J makes me laugh!
slippyjimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slippyjimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2013 at 6:28pm
Love that Gargnian!Thumbs Up B is really cool to. How long has the Gorgonian been in the tank? I got one from a LFS and was told it was one of the easier ones to keep, but after much research i find that`s not trueAngry.However Mine is doing great so farBig smile. So im glad i got it.
Dont worry its just money.
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2013 at 6:51pm
I must tip my hat to that gorgonian picture. Looks very serene. If keeping those things alive wasn't near impossible I'd have one in my tank.
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2013 at 8:44am
Originally posted by slippyjimmy slippyjimmy wrote:

Love that Gargnian!Thumbs Up B is really cool to. How long has the Gorgonian been in the tank? I got one from a LFS and was told it was one of the easier ones to keep, but after much research i find that`s not trueAngry.However Mine is doing great so farBig smile. So im glad i got it.

Thanks.  The gorgonian was actually eaten alive by the yellow and sailfin tangs.  The others didn't really give it much attention, and the coral thrived, until the Tangs decided it looked good to eat.  So now it looks like this:

:(
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 11:34am
Well it was a tough race at first, but then Brent pulled ahead and now we have a winner for the 2012 Picture Of The Year! 

Every help me in Congratulating Brent AKA Tanuki on an amazing Picture! 

In conjunction with winning the prestigious award he will receive 2 free tickets to the Banquet on March 7th 2013. 

Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 12:22pm
Woohoo! Thanks!
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2013 at 10:12am
Congratulations Brent! ClapClapClap

And thanks to all who participated... your photos are all awesome!
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
wick246 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wick246 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2013 at 10:54am
Congrats! It's an amazing photo.
Pete Moss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2013 at 12:36pm
Congratulations. Well deserved. One of my favorite reef themed photos of all time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic