Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 150g Cube 300g+ system our piece of Heavens 01-04
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

150g Cube 300g+ system our piece of Heavens 01-04

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
JohnnyHeavens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2013 at 8:43am
***updated***
-Status of sand
-Apex modules
-added a couple links to some of the equipment's Mfg site (BUY LOCAL !:) for a few of the pieces  people  have asked me about

@Home
300g System 150g-Cube Reef+60g Frag+WaterChange
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
txt anytime @ eightO1-seven5five-eighteen99
Scuba! PADI Pro DM/AI/TecDeep
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 12:30pm
Updated return pumps to OP Waveline 6000s (About amonthago)
@Home
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 12:45pm
My Labor Day project...

After a couple disappointing failures of my Blowhole 1450 pumps I replaced them with two Waveline 6000 DC pumps from The Aquarium. though max flow is rated a little then the blowholes, I haven't seen it and the pumps just don't have enough push for what I want. They are great pumps for the short time I've had them and the ability to modify the flow is awesome but just not the best fit for me. 

However, I'm going to upgrade my pump to one hammerhead so I thought I'd take a couple pics of the upgrade project.

Current Waveline pumps: Waveline DC-6000 "1585 GPH"
waveline DC pumps

Some of the parts for my upgrade: I know I have some extras and I'm sure there is a part I'm missing but I won't find out what it is until Lowes and Home Depot are closed.
Waveline to Hammerhead pump upgrade

The new monster: 6000 GPH Reeflo Hammerhead

@Home
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 1:01pm
I love the reeflo pump that I have on my system.  I did have a small problem with the seal but they have a new seal out to me with in 24 hours. 
220g , large elite aquatics sump. 3 Radion Pro Gen 3 lights 3 Mp 40's

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2013 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by lskurys lskurys wrote:

I love the reeflo pump that I have on my system.  I did have a small problem with the seal but they have a new seal out to me with in 24 hours. 

Good to hear! Sadly the Blowholes have been troublesome but The Aquarium has been very helpful in arranging replacements. I've heard nothing but good regarding the larger models.
@Home
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
Trevor40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2013 at 9:14pm
Nice setup!! I love all the equipment you have.
Call or Text (801)834-3119

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2013 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Trevor40 Trevor40 wrote:

Nice setup!! I love all the equipment you have.

Thank you! So far so good save the swap out of the main pumps.
@Home
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2013 at 2:04pm
My fish are all in hyposalinity QT but I did get a new carpet that I've been waiting to find. iPhone pics sure don't do this thing justice.
iPhone pic with Radions set to 20K
blue carpet anemone-20K-Radions

iPhone pic with flash on
blue carpet anemone

This is shortly after setting it in the tank. 
@Home
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2013 at 2:08pm
That's a very blue carpet John! Interesting for sure.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
ttls1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttls1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2013 at 8:06pm
If it's mouth continues to be open with its guts showing like that or it starts deflating I highly recommend you quarantine it and treat it with ciprofloxacin. Once the mouth starts gaping or it deflates without treatment it's pretty much guaranteed to die. Once they get over the initial acclimation I find them to be quite hardy. I can't tell from the pic is it a gig or haddoni?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2013 at 7:23am
Originally posted by ttls1 ttls1 wrote:

If it's mouth continues to be open with its guts showing like that or it starts deflating I highly recommend you quarantine it and treat it with ciprofloxacin. Once the mouth starts gaping or it deflates without treatment it's pretty much guaranteed to die. Once they get over the initial acclimation I find them to be quite hardy. I can't tell from the pic is it a gig or haddoni?

Thank for watching out for me! This pic is literally <2 minutes after moving from acclimation to the display and his mouth is one of the reasons I took the pic right as I placed him. He's looking better. I have a FT shot the next morning I can post but it's hard to tell much detail as the lights don't promote a good iphone shot and I've yet to up load any better shots that are easily uploaded to the site. 

Again, thanks
@Home
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2013 at 8:22am
That Carpet Anemone is awesome.
I'm curious to know if the white Seabae Anemone is doing okay.
I posted in your current thread about the Dinoflagellate problem, but maybe I ought to say it here. I believe this heavily stocked tank will greatly benefit from the addition of a Sulfur Denitrator, in fact I see it as essential.

Aloha,
Mark Hug
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2013 at 11:31am
Thanks Mark. I think it's pretty awesome too. I think the anemone you are talking about was my other carpet. (It was pretty bleached when I first got it) It was a Haddon's and not a Seabae but from the coloring of of some of the pics I understand that thought. It is still alive and doing well. I brought it to the folks at The Aquarium (LFS) as I didn't want anything ill to befall it as I restructured my tank. With all the sand movement and rockwork changes, it seemed prudent. It moved from the corner where I had it to the glass and it was easily coaxed off. I have also been on the lookout for a blue carpet and since I sure didn't want two so Brad was kind of enough to adopt it. 

As to the reactor, right now my tank is literally empty of fish. My plan includes introducing a bio-pellet reactor this next week. They take a couple weeks to come "alive" and online so with my re-introduction of fish to the reef, the timing I hope works out well. I did study a bit and consider a sulfur denitrifier in the past but I understand a pellet reactor serves the same basic mission. Is that correct?

@Home
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2013 at 11:43am
Originally posted by JohnnyHeavens JohnnyHeavens wrote:

Originally posted by ttls1 ttls1 wrote:

Thank for watching out for me! This pic is literally <2 minutes after moving from acclimation to the display and his mouth is one of the reasons I took the pic right as I placed him. He's looking better. I have a FT shot the next morning I can post but it's hard to tell much detail as the lights don't promote a good iphone shot and I've yet to up load any better shots that are easily uploaded to the site. 

Again, thanks

Was reading a bit about this. I'll watch it close and if need be I'll get it in the QT tank I have mostly ready. Thanks again for looking out.
@Home
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2014 at 3:04pm
I had to take a pic for a thread in the help forum and so I thought I'd post some update pics as well. These were quick and un-touched so please forgive the messy glass and such.

FTS shots from today
Front

Left Side

Right Side

Some coral 

some coral browned when I pulled everything to catch all the fish as part of removing ich. Including these

They seem to be coming back now.

Some from the Frag tank:
Right half

My Bubble Tip Ranch

@Home
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2014 at 3:12pm
Looks awesome as always =)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2014 at 3:14pm
A few more.

@Home
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2014 at 3:16pm
Nick-Considering what you look at everyday, all I can say is thanks!
@Home
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2014 at 3:24pm
=) Are all your fish back in your cube yet or how much longer?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2014 at 3:33pm
Put them in this last week. I lost more than I got to keep but we are off and running with fish on the reef again.
@Home
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic