Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good day fish lovers!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Exotic Reef View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exotic Reef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good day fish lovers!!!
    Posted: January 14 2013 at 2:42pm

Greetings fellow aquarists,

My name is Kate and I hail from Exotic Reef in Orem. How does a previous model with over 10 years corporate experience end up working at a fish store? Well it's simple really, I love fish. Over the past six months I would find myself drawn back to Exotic Reef as a place of sanctuary from the headache of my daily grind. So I told Skyler (Exotic's owner) that he had to hire me back in December and he was only too happy to oblige me. Since then I have pretty much taken over, which is my nature, and the store is quickly transforming into everything I think a fish store should be. I have been so blessed to meet so many fish enthusiasts and hear all about their tanks and aqua critters. Thank you for the warm welcome I have received thus far into the fish community of Utah. As the shop continues to grow and improve I would love to hear your suggestions and feedback. Most importantly I look forward to getting to know you all better.

StarStarStarStarKate StarStarStarStar

Exotic Reef
chuckfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 2:52pm
Sounds like u have a real love for the hobby! Nice to meet you.

Edited by chuckfu - January 14 2013 at 2:53pm
Try, try, try, then give up!
ClownFishAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 3:40pm
Welcome
SNOWRIDER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNOWRIDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 3:49pm
I started going to exotic reef when they first opened up, trying to help them out. I realize that it takes time to get a good selecttion of fish and coral, but you would think he would atleast have some good customer service, and be willing to help you and not make you feel stupid. Because of this i have sense been going to The Reef and Reef runners. But it now sounds like i need to give them one last chance. Welcome Kate.
75g Just starting out, Stand and canopy From Richins carpentry.
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exotic Reef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 6:48pm
Thank you for your reply. I look foward to meeting you and exceeding your expectations. Please come down to the store and I will hook you up.
Kate
Exotic Reef
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 7:40pm
Welcome!

tfmreefs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfmreefs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2013 at 8:43pm
Welcome Kate!!
"The early bird might get the worm, but only the second mouse gets the cheese."
JohnnyHeavens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2013 at 7:08am
I believe we met the other day when I stopped by the shop with a buddy. welcome! I'm new here myself and everyone has been great.
@Home
300g System 150g-Cube Reef+60g Frag+WaterChange
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
txt anytime @ eightO1-seven5five-eighteen99
Scuba! PADI Pro DM/AI/TecDeep
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
SNOWRIDER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNOWRIDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2013 at 7:16pm
Are your tanks copper treated.
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2013 at 8:03pm
Well hello there!
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exotic Reef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 11:21am

Snowrider- Yes they are we run a very small amount of copper to help kill parasites, flukes, ich, bacterial, and fungal infections. We run it below 0.5mg and we try to keep it at 0.4mg. The reason why is because we never know what kinds of fish we are going to bring in or what sort of diseases they may be carrying. If you take our water and add it to your aquarium the copper amount is minimal and will not affect your water however, I would never recommend you adding water from any aquarium store that contains fish. Even if we didn't use copper in our system you would not want to add our water to your system in fear of a diseased specimen entering your ecosystem. Example: Christmas Anthias come in with parasites or diseases and should be quarantined with copper for a few days to resolve the issue.

Exotic Reef
SNOWRIDER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNOWRIDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 12:16pm
I kinda figured that you didnt. The reason that i ask is i saw that you have bamboo sharks, and (I Read) that you are not supposed to have bamboo sharks in copper treated water, just wondering if you have seen anything come from this, or if thats not ture. Thanks
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exotic Reef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2013 at 3:24pm
Our aggressive tank and our invert tanks run on a different system. You are correct that it isn't good for sharks to be in copper treated water.
Exotic Reef
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic