Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

120 Rimless Ideas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ClownFishAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 120 Rimless Ideas
    Posted: January 22 2013 at 9:00pm
OK So here's the deal. I am having a 120 rimless built by Eric at Aquarium Creations and am wanting feedback on what everyone's ideas would be to make this the best tank ever. Whats the one thing you wanted to do that you didn't or whats your best idea.

Edited by ClownFishAddict - January 22 2013 at 9:04pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 9:07pm
BTW the tank will be 48"L X 24"W X 24"H

Edited by ClownFishAddict - January 22 2013 at 9:50pm
kody72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kody72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 9:42pm
External overflow
KODY72 FISHROOM BUILD
281g DT
187g Rimless Frag
ATI PM lighting
SRO DSCR-300ext
justundrake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justundrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 9:58pm
I have the same tank with starfire glass. Awesome tanks. I used the Herbie drain. Its completely quite. Nothing else i would do other then the mp40s on sides and 2 mp10s on back. But that's coming in next few weeks ;). Honestly Erics tanks are the best. And his prices on everything is amazing. But anyways i would get starfire. Nothing i would change. The single center overflow us the shiz. And but the valve from him while your there for the Herbie. Come take a look at my tank. Its completely Pl set up. I bought everything top of the line from him but them MP's .
120g rimless-AQUARIUM CREATIONS
HPballer76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HPballer76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 10:12pm
Water changes without buckets. Working on that for my new tank.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by HPballer76 HPballer76 wrote:

Let me know how that turns out for ya. I've tried before and well I will stick with the manual labor. LOL
Elite-Aquatics View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elite-Aquatics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by ClownFishAddict ClownFishAddict wrote:

Originally posted by HPballer76 HPballer76 wrote:

Let me know how that turns out for ya. I've tried before and well I will stick with the manual labor. LOL

If you have your tank in a location where you can plumb the water where you want the waste water to go, its actually pretty easy. My new tank will dump all waste water and add fresh salt water at the turn of 2 ball valves, no buckets, no lifting and I will be able to do a 20% water change in about 3 minutes.Wink
Premium aquarium filtration!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 11:03pm
Im in a small 2 bedroom apartment. maybe after I move to a larger house.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 11:05pm
@Elite Aquatics But I might steal your light idea from your 130 you sold. I like that.
Elite-Aquatics View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elite-Aquatics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by ClownFishAddict ClownFishAddict wrote:

@Elite Aquatics But I might steal your light idea from your 130 you sold. I like that.

Its not to hard to do, I used 1/4"x6" 6061 aluminum flat stock to make it. You could get away with 4" wide though, 6" was hard to bend in my metal brake lol. What lights are you using over it?
Premium aquarium filtration!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2013 at 11:17pm
No Idea yet. I have the size of tank planned out and that's all. I am going to go slow on this one.
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 8:25am
Thumbs Up
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2013 at 8:58pm
OK So here is what I have planned for my new 120 so far.

I already have some of it so I will take pictures as I do this. My thoughts are to combine a table and stand to make a bar/table with a tank against the wall. The stand and table combo will sit 39" high. Sorry for the crude drawing.... LOL
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2013 at 5:04am
I have a 30x24x24 and the external overflow I love ! Not sure i will ever do a tank with an internal overflow again . Just my 02
laynframe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laynframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2013 at 9:12am
do a coast to coast, if your having it custom made then thats the way to go , unless eric is unable to do it,  saves you a lot of room and is completely custom looking. also with a 24" deep tank and that bar extension your going to hate to get into your tank. i have a 30x24x24 and i have a 8-10" "bar" extension and im 6'3" and i have to stand on a paint bucket to reach the bottom of my tank...hate it.just my 2 centsWink  
The time we enjoy wasting isn't wasted time!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic