Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ID and how to share

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RobertTrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertTrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ID and how to share
    Posted: February 03 2013 at 5:40am
I have several of these... what ever they are?

5"-10" in dia. Not sure what they are.  I'd like to move a few of them with another tank. They're all connected to the same, rather large rock. Not easily broken up I think. How do you go about moving these? Can I cut the foot off the rock and have them survive?

Thanks.
Bob
Bob Trim
Taylorsville, Ut.

"Save the planet... it's the only one known to have chocolate."
builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2013 at 6:55am
Those are Fuzzy Mushrooms. Not sure on how to remove them. Try with a powerhead pointed directly at them. Like removing an anemome.
It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
RobertTrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertTrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2013 at 7:04am
Thanks.
What I did... took a  wooden tongue depressor that I sharpened one end like a wood chisel.  I was able to work it under the foot and peel it off the rock with little damage. I'm pretty sure the thing will be pissed off for a few days... but that's life.

Thanks again.
bob

Bob Trim
Taylorsville, Ut.

"Save the planet... it's the only one known to have chocolate."
Pete Moss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Moss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2013 at 1:25am
Yeah, that is life.

Just the other day some huge giant poked me in the butt with a large sharpened stick to get me to move out of my home.

But you know, whatever.

LOL

In all seriousness, using a tongue depressor to slowly peel them off of the glass is a great way to get a fuzzy mushroom off. If you take it slow, it usually peels off and recovers in a couple days.

Edited by Pete Moss - February 05 2013 at 1:26am
125g 90g 2x33g 34g
What stores do I recommend?
Up North: Bill ( Saltwater Paradise 801-317-8115 )
Down South: Jerry ( Reef On 801-563-0600 )

Member of GCFB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic