Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feb 2013 Presidency Spotlight: lskurys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feb 2013 Presidency Spotlight: lskurys
    Posted: February 08 2013 at 12:52am
THE WASATCH MARINE AQUARIUM SOCIETY PRESENTS THE FEBRUARY 2013 PRESIDENCY SPOTLIGHT ON:

"lskurys" Shelby Kurys

Hi, folks my name is Shelby Kurys, and I am a first - year member of the WMAS Presidency Council.
I am 38 years old. I have been married for 18 years to my lovely wife Leslie. 
We have a daughter, Ashlee, who is 16. We live in Roy, Utah.

I have been in to salt water for a little over a year now. Currently I have a 220 gallon reef tank. It has a 55 gallon sump, an Apex controller, and runs (2) Vortech mp40s.

I like just about any fish that does not mess with my the corals.  I let my wife pick just about all of the fish and corals that we have in the tank.  I am in to the upkeep on the tank and making it look as good as possible. I love my Apex controller the most - it really makes things simpler, and keeps things running smoothly.  If I had to pick a favorite coral I would say that our Raspberry Limeaid  that we got from Laird right here on the WMAS Message Board. 

I love to read about new hobbies and then try to help out when I can. I am also in to RC cars and just started flying/ crashing planes. I also liked to ice skate but was not very good at it (see my photo). 

I work for the Marriot Corporation. I do maintenance on 3 of their buildings; but not the hotels, I take care of their Call Centers. 

I  wanted to join the WMAS Presidency because I like to help people out when I can. Look for me at the next meeting, or on the Message Board under the login name of lskurys 

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Nails12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nails12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2013 at 12:33pm
Boss Status!!! Raspberry Limeaide you say? 
This is more than a hobby; its a lifestyle.
colesnwbds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colesnwbds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 2:40pm
RC airplanes are a blast.
I've got my privot pilots license, but not having enough funds to get a plane, or even fly for that matter, it's a great way to get a fix for the sky.

How will I recognize you at one of these meetings?  I vote by the outfit in the picture, who seconds it?
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 4:07pm
I have not made it to the last few meeting.  Crazy works stuff.   I have started flying Quads and wow they are blast.  I can take off from my drive way and land back in the drive way 15-20 minutes later.  
220g , large elite aquatics sump. 3 Radion Pro Gen 3 lights 3 Mp 40's
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic