Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mobile site

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mobile site
    Posted: February 11 2013 at 4:58am
I noticed that when viewing the forum in "mobile" that the page number and quick reply make the site not very mobile friendly. There is a lot of left and right scrolling. My recommendation is to move the "page number" under "new topic" and "show topics". And if the "quick reply" section is shortened to the width of the "forum topics" section, it would prevent left and right scrolling.
Dan9554880 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan9554880 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2013 at 7:56am
They should make an app for it
210 Mixed Reef
20 Nuvo nano reef
Learn your tank, not the hobby
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2013 at 7:58am
They should! But for the immediate they should adjust the layout
jdubb925 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdubb925 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2013 at 8:53pm
+1 for the app!!!!!
Justin W.

ClownFishAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2013 at 9:07pm
My offer still stands on my help to make this site better.
chris.rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 3:58pm
A custom made app for forum browsing wouldn't be the best use of WMAS' resources (which are probably rather scant.)

A custom made app to sit on the server side and help facilitate buying and selling may be nice.  It'd require an overhaul of the way that part of the forum works; you'd have to change it to be a listing with required info filled out.

I'm no web designer, but if the forum software had support for tapatalk, then you could far more easily browse the site via an app for Android/iOS.  I don't know that this particular forum software does or not.
Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 4:05pm
Just make it work with tapatalk (almost free) and the app is already available. 
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 5:56pm
Are you guys not able to view the classic site on your mobiles?
Dionysus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dionysus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by BillyC BillyC wrote:

Are you guys not able to view the classic site on your mobiles?

I can view the classic off my phone
AquaMedic 250 Watt XM 20k
2 420s Vhos
29 DT SPS Dominant
20 G Long Frag

My Tank Progress =)
Cody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 12:13am
I use classic also from my mobile.
Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 9:53am
The mobile doesn't work on my phone anymore. I can't reply because the cursor just moves wherever it wants and types in the wrong place.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Ryan Thompson Ryan Thompson wrote:

The mobile doesn't work on my phone anymore. I can't reply because the cursor just moves wherever it wants and types in the wrong place.

+1 ^^^ Mine does the same thing but it seems to be browser specific because sometimes it works in the default andriod browser but never works in Dolphin.
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 10:21am
try chrome?
chris.rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 10:21am
Ditto to having cursor troubles in Dolphin.

Not just you.
Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 10:29am
Originally posted by BillyC BillyC wrote:

try chrome?

Yes and it sometimes works in Chrome. However, I love my Dolphin browser and hate having to switch when this is the only site that has problems with it. Honestly, working with Tapatalk is really easy and just makes stuff work. Plus it takes the pressure off of the site support people and put's in on tapatalk when features don't work. No need for a mobile site.

Reduced support and no need for a mobile site sound like two good reasons to turn it on. :)
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
teng247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teng247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 10:41am
+1 on adding this site to Tapatalk
aceofspadeskb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aceofspadeskb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 10:48am
I'll add my +1 to Tapatalk.
evan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 2:34pm
-1 to adding Tapatalk! Yes, negative! Sites that do support the Tapatalk service will harass you every time you visit the site to use the service and there is no way to get around it. I personally don't like the service, and I don't like the way they suggest (harassing) users to use the service. I hate it.

The WMAS mobile site is great and does not need to be altered in any way, other than compatibility issues some of you are experiencing. Though, a slight adjustment of the mobile layout like I initially posted would make the UX so much better.

Edited by evan127 - April 19 2013 at 2:35pm
ClownFishAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClownFishAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 9:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic