Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ideas on propagating/fragging blue clove polyps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ideas on propagating/fragging blue clove polyps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chris.rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ideas on propagating/fragging blue clove polyps
    Posted: February 12 2013 at 10:16am
I have a small rock of blue clove polyps, and I've superglued it to larger chunk of live rock.  I'd like to eventually frag and trade, but I have no experience doing that with this coral.

It's growing pretty nicely, I've seen several new polyps in the 3 weeks that I've had it.

Maybe glue another bit of live rock right next to it and hope the coral attaches itself to the second rock, wait for growth, then pick off the second rock?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
Dan9554880 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan9554880 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2013 at 10:34am
I think you frag them like gsp just scrape of a piece of the mat and glue it were you want it
210 Mixed Reef
20 Nuvo nano reef
Learn your tank, not the hobby
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2013 at 8:41pm
they'll come off the rock fairly easily.. You can also do what you suggested. If you have some fall off, they'll attach to sand and you can glue the sand to a frag.
chris.rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2013 at 1:17am
@phys

Do you just get an exacto and peel away at a corner until you can pull up a little chunk?  Like peeling off skin of fruit or something?
Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic