Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

20G Long AIO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1skindog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1skindog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20G Long AIO
    Posted: February 18 2013 at 8:20pm
So I decided to make a 20 Gallon Long All In One tank which will probably be a frag style take.  I thought I would share my build to this point.  I started with a $1.00, per gallon 20 Long.  I ordered a all in one system from Bad Fish Reef Systems (http://www.badfishreefsystems.com/index.html) and let me just say, I was totally impressed with the quality, craftsmanship and service.  It came with the bulkhead, all three stage dividers installed, a top, the outside black back panel and the nozzle with fittings for $40.00.  I added the media rack to my order, which came in clear acrylic with two shelves. Looks great. I little black silicone install and good to go.  I put in a Maxijet 1200 pump. 

Then built the stand.  Started with a standard 2x4 construction frame. It's 36" tall, then covered it with 1/4" hardwood sheeting, ordered the door off the internet, added the top, built a bottom inside for a shelf, primed and painted it flat black with a coat of Poly on it and it's good to go..  Not too bad for my first attempt at building a stand. 

I decided on the AI Sol Blue as my light with the controller.  I ordered their 48" EXT mounting system with the 12" extension.  I wish they made it in 14" to just give me a little more length, because the 18" would just be too much but I like it.  It's sweet how it mounts and how adjustable it is...  Here are a few pictures of the process...

Just thought I would share my small 20 Gallon Long AIO adventure so far...Thanks for viewing.

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2013 at 8:29pm
Wow nice, I really like it!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2013 at 8:32pm
Bout time you put this up here. Such a sweet setup!

Cody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2013 at 8:34pm
Very cool looking.
1skindog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1skindog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2013 at 8:39pm
Thanks, yes Ksmart I gave in to your peer pressure...  Ha ha....  It turned out very well.  It's a peninsula style set up.  From the ground to the top of the tank it's 50", which makes it a great height for viewing...  I am happy with it so far... 
Elite-Aquatics View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elite-Aquatics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2013 at 10:50pm
Looks good manThumbs Up
Premium aquarium filtration!
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2013 at 12:16am
lets see some updated pics

1skindog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1skindog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 12:39am
Ok here are some updated pictures. It's coming along wonderfully. I have added a MP10es, a Hydor Nano Slim skim, an ATO system. Adjusted my lights a little down from the Picts. Corals growing great.
1skindog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1skindog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 12:44am
1skindog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1skindog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 12:45am
1skindog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1skindog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 12:45am
1skindog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1skindog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 12:46am
J2 digital View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2 digital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2013 at 10:16pm
Hey so I ordered the 10 gal vers of your AIO, did it come with caulk? if not what kind did you use and suggest using? Also the price and where you got it? thanks! 
1skindog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1skindog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 9:46am
Hey I just used the Aqueon black aquarium silicone. I bought it at Birdworld/Pet Villiage in Bountiful. It worked great. I have extra, no need to buy it.. I'll be back in SL on Wednesday night, so if you want to hit me up you can get it Thursday.
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 9:52am
Tank looks great!
1skindog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1skindog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 9:55am
Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic