Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fish not eating!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rwgoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwgoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fish not eating!!
    Posted: February 21 2013 at 6:10pm
so i bought a pair of black clowns about a week ago.. the first couple of days they ate just fine.. but the last few i have not seen them eat at all. i have tried flake, pellet, mysis, and krill... i even soaked the food in garlic.. what do i do!! i really really dont want to lose these guys.. please help!!!
getting fishy??
SNOWRIDER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNOWRIDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2013 at 6:21pm
what where they feeding them at the lfs. maybe see if it is something diffrent then what you have. just a thought.
75g Just starting out, Stand and canopy From Richins carpentry.
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2013 at 7:14pm

How are they swimming? Are they actively swimming around the tank or are they just hanging around the bottom or back corner? Do you have any fish that feed aggressively keeping the clowns from coming out and eating? Are there any visible signs of them being sick?      

Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
rwgoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwgoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2013 at 8:14pm
i got them the same day they were at the lfs... i dont even think they got fed before i picked them up.. and sabey.. its a wrasse tank... i have a pair of hawaiins, a coris and a cleaner.. along with a rabbit fish.. they do spend all their time in a section of the tank.. could they be being picked on?? if so.. what do i do??
getting fishy??
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 1:06am
How long did you have them in a acclimation box? Also are they hosting ? 
JohnnyHeavens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHeavens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 6:41am
Do they eat if you target them with food? I mean, if the food is right in front of them, will they eat it?
@Home
300g System 150g-Cube Reef+60g Frag+WaterChange
150g Tall FOWLR RIP
@Work RSM 130D w/LEDs
txt anytime @ eightO1-seven5five-eighteen99
Scuba! PADI Pro DM/AI/TecDeep
NSS/CDS-Full Cave Diver
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 7:56pm
Try frozen brine shrimp.
Shaun
American Fork
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 7:57pm
Try frozen brineshrimp.
Shaun
American Fork
rwgoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwgoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 8:32pm
i usually alternate between brine and mysis.. today is a brine day.. and i do target feed them.. they are swimming around more today.. so fingers crossed..
getting fishy??
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2013 at 11:26pm
I got some a week ago, they are just starting eat brine shrimp and picking at mysis.  Mine have been eating pellets. Most pellets are just to big for smallish clowns, try crushing them up (the pellets not the fish!LOL). Fingers crossed.. 
Shaun
American Fork
rwgoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwgoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 10:34am
yeah i got mine the same day you got yours.. i will try crushing the pellets.. they pick at flake so i have been heavy on that for now..
getting fishy??
Aquatic Evolution View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquatic Evolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2013 at 11:53am
Try Cyclopeze...  A lot of breeders use it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic